Main Menu

Monkeys. In hats.

Started by Demon Chicken, 20 September, 2010, 01:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

vzzbux

Now I dare someone to superimpose Obama's head over that one.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Tiplodocus

I always thought we didn't CARE whether a fez was a hat or not.

What mattered was that monkeys in fezs is a common sight so, for it to really count, it had to be in a hat and not a fez.

Or am I misremembering it?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jared Katooie

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 22 September, 2010, 08:40:11 PM
I always thought we didn't CARE whether a fez was a hat or not.

What mattered was that monkeys in fezs is a common sight so, for it to really count, it had to be in a hat and not a fez.

Or am I misremembering it?

You're close.

Somebody actually claimed that, since monkeys are often seen wearing a fex, that means that it is not a hat.

Personally, I strongly oppose such magical thinking.

JayzusB.Christ

QuotePersonally, I strongly oppose such magical thinking.

Nazi.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

James Stacey

Demon Chicken

As far as I remember, we had a schism between the pro-fezzites & anti-fezzites and more importantly encouraged an increase in behatted monkeys & apes to grace the pages of both the prog & megazine.  I think there was also some sort of bet involving which artist/writer would include a be-hatted simian.  Unfortunately I don't remember who won the bet.

Spaceghost

He's just taken his hat off but still...

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Trout

Carl Critchlow drew a monkey in a hat in Lobster Random, thereby winning the bet at the command of Si Spurrier.

- Trout

Proudhuff

Given the large number of apes in WarhammerInsurrection II Mr McNeil could slip in some simian felt headgear, no?
DDT did a job on me

Spaceghost

Just thought it was worth pointing out that my seemingly ignored post above isn't a mean spirited dig at a man who resembles a monkey, that man is Masaaki Sakai who played Monkey in the 70's Japanese TV series.

See, see what I did?

Anyone?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

Little did Tripitaka know, the inn-keeper was a demon.

Demon Chicken

Quote from: King Trout on 23 September, 2010, 01:19:46 PM
Carl Critchlow drew a monkey in a hat in Lobster Random, thereby winning the bet at the command of Si Spurrier.

- Trout

Didn't we have some debate as to whether it was a monkey or an ape he drew? or am I mis-remembering.

DC

PS. 2nd trip to acquire said mug is currently on hold until I can find a suitable partner in crime.... BUT it will happen!

Emperor

Quote from: Demon Chicken on 23 September, 2010, 02:25:50 PM
Quote from: King Trout on 23 September, 2010, 01:19:46 PM

- Trout

Didn't we have some debate as to whether it was a monkey or an ape he drew? or am I mis-remembering.

Do we have a prog number for that appearance?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+