Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 January, 2012, 02:39:09 PM
Presumably the Lulu.com deluxe printing of Django Zoon: The Straightener.
I LOLed quite a bit.

Good work on the shelving. Now the nightmare begins! Should you file by author, genre, subject, size, series, etc... Best of British.
We never really die.

Emperor

Quote from: The Cosh on 14 January, 2012, 02:25:52 PMGood work on the shelving. Now the nightmare begins! Should you file by author, genre, subject, size, series, etc... Best of British.

Or a fiendishly complicated system known only to yourself?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Legendary Shark

I just use the Dumpitt system.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Large48

It should be size (decending) then title (ascending) then colour then date published then foreign language versions (order of languages yet to be decided!)

:o
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

TordelBack

Answer me this:  where in the name of mindfuckery do I shelve the most recent The Dead Man GN, tell me that, hmmm, hmmm, HMMMMM?

Grant Goggans

Between D.R & Quinch and Durham Red.

TordelBack

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 15 January, 2012, 08:23:07 PM
Between D.R & Quinch and Durham Red.

Not between The Cursed Earth Vol 2 and The Final Solution then? 

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 January, 2012, 08:06:31 PM
Answer me this:  where in the name of mindfuckery do I shelve the most recent The Dead Man GN, tell me that, hmmm, hmmm, HMMMMM?
As can be clearly seen in my own image, it sits between Case Files 13 & 14. If you're really determined, you could cut CF14 in two at the start of "Tale of the Dead Man" and file the halves on each side.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 15 January, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
As can be clearly seen in my own image, it sits between Case Files 13 & 14.

Somewhere along the way you've lost sight of the importance of spinal continuity.  It's all about the reading for you now, isn't it?  :'(

COMMANDO FORCES

If any of you that have posted on here in a mocking tone about the horror that is Rebellions spines have an item from Apple, with its aesthetically pleasing designs, well you can just jolly well drokk off!

I, Cosh

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 January, 2012, 08:54:39 PM
If any of you that have posted on here in a mocking tone about the horror that is Rebellions spines have an item from Apple, with its aesthetically pleasing designs, well you can just jolly well drokk off!
I have genuinely never liked the clean aesthetic of Apple products. I like jaggy, cluttered or garishly coloured things.

I even thought the early Sony mp3 walkman thing (but not the horrible fat one that came after) looked cooler than the iPod.
We never really die.

Grant Goggans

Of course, I actually meant between D.R. & Quinch and Defoe.

I apologize for the error.

Ancient Otter

Ampney Crucis Investigates: Vile Bodies has a white spine and a white back cover with a large illustration of Ampney in contrast to the black minimalist design on other 2000AD softcover trades. If anyone has a problem with that.  :)

The Adventurer

Oh Rebellion. I love it when you troll us.

Does it at least follow the standard design, if not the color scheme? Or is it more like the Mega City Undercover TP?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

James Stacey

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 January, 2012, 08:47:58 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 15 January, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
As can be clearly seen in my own image, it sits between Case Files 13 & 14.

Somewhere along the way you've lost sight of the importance of spinal continuity.  It's all about the reading for you now, isn't it?  :'(

Looks like we got ourselves a 'Reader'