Main Menu

Planet Replicas - the Artists Collection

Started by Dash Decent, 03 May, 2014, 04:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

I've got my FCBD prog... I've seen the advert... come on Planet Replicas, update your website!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Leigh S

If tyhey are ging to go direct from a piece of art, I'd love to see the cover of the 1979(?) Summer Special for McM... but anything will be a must buy!

Pete Wells

I saw a sneaky peek of the advert at LSCC and freaked! That's one of my all time favourite McMahon Dredds there. A definite buy for me!

Thank you Planet Replicas!

Steven Sterlacchini

I think the idea was to announce it (or sneak previewing what they're doing) in the Free Comic Book Day prog, which is why it isn't on their website.

My understanding is that they're going to be creating the image shown as a statue.

Though personally I'd like them to put some joints in it and also make an action figure  ;)

Trout

I don't normally buy statues but I really want these. It's a great idea. This is the reason I'm still freelancing for a British newspaper: so I have some British pounds stashed away for a rainy (thrill-powered) day!

I cannot wait to buy these.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Minty on 03 May, 2014, 08:59:14 PM
I think the idea was to announce it (or sneak previewing what they're doing) in the Free Comic Book Day prog, which is why it isn't on their website.

The ad says "Find out more about this stunning range by visiting www.planetreplicas.com", which is pretty clear.

Perhaps it's just because it's the weekend and we'll see something on Monday.  Otherwise it's rather odd to expressly direct people to your website for information and then leave them to draw a blank when they get there.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Trout on 03 May, 2014, 10:55:55 PM
I cannot wait to buy these.

It's a fantastic idea.  I'm looking forward to seeing an Ezquerra Dredd, Bolland Dredd, etc etc!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Steve Green

Dash Decent

Yes, I noticed in the last one they said the first prototype would go on show at Comic Con.  It seems a bit contradictory to the ad in the FCBD prog, which says you can see details on their website as of now.  Perhaps the dates slipped, but it does seem their marketing effort is a little confused.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Spikes

As someone online is fond of saying - Oh myyy!

But kudos to PR for choosing to kick off proceedings with a 'McMahon'.

An 'Ezquerra' circa the Apocalypse War, would be just as awesome - and desirable, but more than happy with this one. 

James

Black and white please. A bit like these

Steve Green

It's an interesting point - what's more marketable - a b/w model or something coloured up, and if so do you go with the yellow/gold elbow/knee pads of that era, or stick with the green ones?

Pete Wells

CrazyFoxMachine

I always thought the Batman Black & White Mignola statue did a great job of 3D-ising his iconic chunky 2D style

So it can be done, can't wait to see it!