Main Menu

2000AD Sci-Fi Swipe File

Started by ming, 30 October, 2013, 06:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

They 'appeared' (as in I remember them being mentioned, I think  :-\) in one of the radio plays!

Skullmo

Dr and Quinch

An excerpt from OC and Stiggs in National Lampoon

It's a joke. I was joking.

Steve Green

ming

Andy_Lee

Quote from: ming on 07 November, 2013, 09:40:05 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 07 November, 2013, 09:35:13 AM
I don't know if you'd call it a swipe, but maybe an inspiration, good buddy! (Since we know Feek was inspired by something else)

Hah, that's uncanny...  :)

That's Ace! Bum, tish. I'm here all week

What was Feek based on?

Alski

Can't be coincidence - shame we can't ask Massimo!
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

JOE SOAP

ming

Well if we're dragging out plotting 'influences' and the like, here's the plot outline from Roger Zelazny's  1969 novel, Damnation Alley, lifted from Wikipedia (bits in italics are mine, obviously).  I'm sure you're all aware of this old chestnut but it always tickles me....

"The story opens in a post-apocalyptic Southern California [Mega-City Two], in a hellish world shattered by nuclear war decades before [Atom Wars]. Several police states have emerged in place of the former United States [Judges]. Hurricane-force winds above five hundred feet prevent any sort of air travel from one state to the next [The Death Belt], and sudden, violent, and unpredictable storms make day-to-day life a mini-hell. Hell Tanner [Spikes Harvey Rotten], an imprisoned killer [criminal biker], is offered a full pardon in exchange for taking on a suicide mission - a drive through "Damnation Alley" [The Cursed Earth] across a ruined America from Los Angeles to Boston [east coast to west coast] - as one of three vehicles attempting to deliver an urgently needed plague vaccine [K2001 Land Raider, Killdozer; 2T(Fru)T vaccine]."

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: ming on 07 November, 2013, 02:56:20 PM
Well if we're dragging out plotting 'influences' and the like, here's the plot outline from Roger Zelazny's  1969 novel, Damnation Alley, lifted from Wikipedia (bits in italics are mine, obviously).  I'm sure you're all aware of this old chestnut but it always tickles me....

"The story opens in a post-apocalyptic Southern California [Mega-City Two], in a hellish world shattered by nuclear war decades before [Atom Wars]. Several police states have emerged in place of the former United States [Judges]. Hurricane-force winds above five hundred feet prevent any sort of air travel from one state to the next [The Death Belt], and sudden, violent, and unpredictable storms make day-to-day life a mini-hell. Hell Tanner [Spikes Harvey Rotten], an imprisoned killer [criminal biker], is offered a full pardon in exchange for taking on a suicide mission - a drive through "Damnation Alley" [The Cursed Earth] across a ruined America from Los Angeles to Boston [east coast to west coast] - as one of three vehicles attempting to deliver an urgently needed plague vaccine [K2001 Land Raider, Killdozer; 2T(Fru)T vaccine]."

:o

Just...

Wut!

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

JamesC

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 November, 2013, 02:58:46 PM

Just...

Wut!

That's one crappy looking Land Raider.

The death belt is present and correct in that image though.

o1s1n

"The story opens in a post-apocalyptic Southern California [Mega-City Two], in a hellish world shattered by nuclear war decades before [Atom Wars]. Several police states have emerged in place of the former United States [Judges]. Hurricane-force winds above five hundred feet prevent any sort of air travel from one state to the next [The Death Belt], and sudden, violent, and unpredictable storms make day-to-day life a mini-hell. Hell Tanner [Spikes Harvey Rotten], an imprisoned killer [criminal biker], is offered a full pardon in exchange for taking on a suicide mission - a drive through "Damnation Alley" [The Cursed Earth] across a ruined America from Los Angeles to Boston [east coast to west coast] - as one of three vehicles attempting to deliver an urgently needed plague vaccine [K2001 Land Raider, Killdozer; 2T(Fru)T vaccine].

Ah here! That takes the cake! Remind me to stop reading this thread :D

Steve Green

The Feek thing was inspired by a south/Central American statue I seem to recall.

Colin YNWA

If you've not all seen it there's a great (terrible) film version staring George Peppard (I think) and that bloke what was off of Airwolf (I think). It all there on Youtube and good heartly fun (nonsense)...

... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsKYJdHe4xo

IndigoPrime

QuoteThe Feek thing was inspired by a south/Central American statue I seem to recall.

Mictlantecuhtli, presumably...