Main Menu

2000AD Sci-Fi Swipe File

Started by ming, 30 October, 2013, 06:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Was "The Worm that turned" a repurposed Dr Who story?  I know there simialrly themed "Prison in Space"(?) was a vetoed Troughton episode.... but was there any cross over in terms of the writers of both?

Albion

Just posted on Facebook by the wonderful Dark Star brewery for their Hopfest this weekend.
Looks a bit like a certain ABC Warrior.....

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Hawkmumbler

I adore the Ronnie's serials, revering them as among the best of comedy. The Worm that Turned was wonderful, as is The Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town (oh that fiend!) but the Charley Farley and Piggy Malone mystery serials are just the best.

Oh...I seem to have gone of on a tangent....erm...

Spikes

"We would like to apologise from the 'F' in Fog..."

hippynumber1

Just goes to show that even the mighty Alan Moore wasn't above a spot of plagiarism. This was originally published in 'The House of Secrets' #86 June/July 1970 issue

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 October, 2015, 11:16:33 AM
Just goes to show that even the mighty Alan Moore wasn't above a spot of plagiarism.

Yes, apart from this, Alan Moore's writing was totally original....  ;)

Good spot though.

Judge Brian

No mention of the latest Captain Britain comic?

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Albion

Prog 720. Future Shock - Retribution. Script John Tomlinson, art by Arthur Ranson.
That spaceship looks familiar.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

PsychoGoatee

Very cool.  :D That Captain Britain easter egg above is also great.

Silent_Bomber

I'm sure everyone around here's known this for years, but ran into this the other day in (I think) a 1970s Conan

M.I.K.

Weird... It looks as if that last swipe was in the script. Must be an intentional 'homage'.

Skullmo

I think it was an intentional homage
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

A 2000ad related swipe spotted by David Roach (from his FB page)

Dandontdare

wow, good find.

I remember at the time thinking that it was an odd cover  - after weeks of training us to defend Earth against the invasion, this was the issue when we discovered that Starlord was just leaving us to it

- and we got a picture of a crab-sub. Huh?