Main Menu

re; if at first you can`t devolve

Started by 2000AD Online, 09 April, 2002, 02:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

I don`t know if this is a technical fault or what, but I asked the following question and got a bunch of answers about `swiping`.  I couldn`t give a rat`s rear end about swiping so here`s my nerdy question again; has DEVO ever been mentioned, parodied or whatevered in 2000 AD or the Megazine?

Be like your ancestors or be different.  It don`t matter

paulvonscott

I think in the third panel of the second page of Judge Dredd in prog 788, that this particular picture was a reverse scale combination 'swipe'.

The arm was swiped from Bob Kane's origninal Batman in a short lived newspaper strip which ran in 1939, in the Louisville post.  If you look closely you can see the arms are almost identival.

The second (of thirty) swipe concerns an issue of Action comics from 1963.  And hopefully you have stopped reading before you get to this point.  Because yes, it's all a hilarious (no, really) jest.

M, a less popular comic that Mad Magazine and deservedly so, for it was woefully unfunny.  Still, it kept Hitler amused during the war and if he hadn't been laughing so much the third reich may have won the day.

In conclusion, I hope that has been of some help.

2000AD Online

Sorry, Floyd, that was my fault. I have a habit of going off on tangents and I thought my 'Swipe It! / Whip It!' thread would suffice.

2000AD Online

Dear Mr Whit,

no probs - swipe it was kind of funny.  So...no answers then?

2000AD Online

Alan Moore name checks Devo in 'Watchmen'. As far as I know, that's as close as 2000 AD has come to doing so.