Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and second episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 629-632 of 2000AD, covering June of 1989. This episode Dredd has a near death experience, Sláine meets the goddess, Zenith meets the heroes, Rogue has some rough times, We head out to say hi in Beyond Zero, and PJ Maybe begins his confessions! This is another episode where Conrad and Fox are all over each other, don't worry we've worked it all out!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

"Feels like there's sub-text there, my man."
"Feels like it's text, buddy."

sheridan

Half-listened to it while working, but that shock bottom thrill means I'm going to have to re-listen and pay proper attention this time!

sheridan

Why not use it on Liana?  Why, if he wanted a programmable girlfriend, he'd just get a robot, right?

sheridan

By the way "Bob's Full House" is a reference to a TV quiz vehicle for former comic artist, comedian and TV presenter Bob Monkhouse.

Leigh S

So many letters asking for Mix, Bradley, Feral and other things that have just barged into the comic to "Get this party started" that I can only conclude Tharg is gaslighting long standing readers....

Leigh S

Also strong agree with Conrad on that Grant/Kitson Dredd - i strongly remember it as the first "in prog" tale that just felt all kinds of wrong - OK, so I was neck deep in Judge Dredd RPGing round about this time, but you don't need to be a Games Master to just feel that both the vindictive punch in the teeth and the execution were both way out of line - I talked a bit about that on the 88 Winter Special episode and this is the most egregious example of Grant "not getting" Dredd, despite co-authoring the very best Dredds... go figure! And it was only last time we had the outstanding "John Cassavettes is Dead" just to add to my bewilderment

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Leigh S on 11 May, 2020, 08:08:28 PM
So many letters asking for Mix, Bradley, Feral and other things that have just barged into the comic to "Get this party started" that I can only conclude Tharg is gaslighting long standing readers....

This is the sort of thing that made me really self-conscious about not liking Bradley when we got to him. Based on letters and art that got published I assumed he was a fan favorite!

Quote from: Leigh S on 11 May, 2020, 08:40:28 PM
Also strong agree with Conrad on that Grant/Kitson Dredd - i strongly remember it as the first "in prog" tale that just felt all kinds of wrong - OK, so I was neck deep in Judge Dredd RPGing round about this time, but you don't need to be a Games Master to just feel that both the vindictive punch in the teeth and the execution were both way out of line - I talked a bit about that on the 88 Winter Special episode and this is the most egregious example of Grant "not getting" Dredd, despite co-authoring the very best Dredds... go figure! And it was only last time we had the outstanding "John Cassavettes is Dead" just to add to my bewilderment

Yeah, it seems like such an example of what people who don't know the character get wrong about Dredd imo.
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

AlexF

I did send an email in appreciation of Bradley but I'm guessing you never got it - no point now, it was meant to tie-in with the Christmas episode when he has the toboggan race, which I maintain is a proper good piece of comics. But I tired of him during the 'being mean about people's music taste' years.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: AlexF on 14 May, 2020, 01:31:59 PM
I did send an email in appreciation of Bradley but I'm guessing you never got it - no point now, it was meant to tie-in with the Christmas episode when he has the toboggan race, which I maintain is a proper good piece of comics. But I tired of him during the 'being mean about people's music taste' years.

Hey, I responded to that email at the time! I'm not saying NOBODY liked Bradley, more that until I started talking to people I assumed everyone loved him! To each their own!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and third episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 633-636 of 2000AD, covering June and July of 1989. This episode we've got a changing of the guard, as Sláine and Zenith begin their quests, Anderson meets a Triad, Beyond Zero goes to the mall, Medivac 318 gets psychic, and Strontium Dog returns!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

sheridan

Glad that Fox's reservations regarding the Horned God only lasted through the preachy bit.

SpaceSpinner2000

Luckily there won't be any more of those!

Funt Solo

P.J. Maybe's dyslexic, is why his spelling's poor.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and fourth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 637-640 of 2000AD, covering July & August of 1989. This episode we're dealing with the whole animal kingdom from ants and spiders to alien bugs, from man-brained panthers to Block-Ness monsters, from shettledogs to whatever the heck Feral is! Also Conrad thinks this episode is coming out a week later than it is! Freak out!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify