Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 02 June, 2020, 12:11:55 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 01 June, 2020, 10:49:24 PM
We so need a new Henry Moon psychic panther comic strip.  And the previous appearances of the character have both been from different creative teams so hopefully there won't be any legacy issues...

All the abandoned space-based 2000AD heroes should team up imo. Henry Moon, Harry 20, Dan Dare, the Visible Man, Lorna Varn, maybe some Colony Earth dudes! All those guys!

Fox - if you're seeing this then stop reading now!

Henry Moon can go to that jungle planet that [spoiler]the High Rock landed on[/spoiler].

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and sixth episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1990 2000AD Annual.  This is the thirteenth 2000AD Annual, and this time we're under massive thrill sucker attack, while enjoying some new stories featuring Judges Dredd and Anderson, Mandala, and the final Moon Runners adventure!

The Mega City Book Club's own Eamonn Clarke joins me for this one, of course you can find him elsewhere on this forum!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

*psst* the direct download link goes to last week's episode!

Here's Eamonn's annual!

sheridan

Mixing up Nemesis and Torquemada quotes?  What does that say about the dividing line between them ;)

sheridan

"last  ever Moonrunners story" *take a look at the 2000AD Annual 1991*

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sheridan on 08 June, 2020, 11:09:00 AM
"last  ever Moonrunners story" *take a look at the 2000AD Annual 1991*

Oh noooooooo

Also here's the correct link to Monday's episode!
http://ow.ly/wk8Y50A1iZR
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and seventh episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1990 Judge Dredd Annual.  This is the tenth Dredd Annual, and features new stories from relative new comers like Arthur Ranson, and some classic Ron Smith stories and Ian Gibson's Daily Dredds.

This episode Conrad is joined by Sheridan of the Back Prog Hack Blog, which can also be found elsewhere on this forum!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

sheridan

As serendipity has it, my slog has gotten to the first prog I ever read (as mentioned in the podcast) but I've had to revise my origin story!  More when my blog post goes live at noon!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sheridan on 12 June, 2020, 10:12:41 AM
As serendipity has it, my slog has gotten to the first prog I ever read (as mentioned in the podcast) but I've had to revise my origin story!  More when my blog post goes live at noon!

Why must you turn my podcast into a podcast of LIES?

:D

sheridan

Something else I realise is I should do my research before we record (or get a quieter keyboard) :)

SpaceSpinner2000

This episode is 12 hours early! I apologize for nothing!

In our thrilling two hundred and eighth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 645-649 of 2000AD, covering September and October of 1989. This episode we continue clearing the decks ahead of the big relaunch next episode all thrills must end! Whether you want them too or not! This episode's a five-proger, so we can catch the jumping-on prog next episode.

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

The Monarch

Billy Connolly some random dude? oh man thats the hottest hot take you've ever done in all this time on space spinner  :lol:

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: The Monarch on 15 June, 2020, 01:22:57 AM
Billy Connolly some random dude? oh man thats the hottest hot take you've ever done in all this time on space spinner  :lol:

Based on corrections I've received I believe it's actually either:
1. The location of Mount Rushmore in Dredd's time
2. The pronunciation of Niamh
3. The nut that conkers is played with

Andy B

I'm surprised that a geek of Conrad's caliber didn't recognize Billy Connolly as the paedophile priest from the extremely dull second X-Files movie.

Definitely not obvious from that that he's one of the funniest guys alive!

The Monarch

I forgot about that! talk about a weird casting decision lets make one of the funniest stand up commedians in scotland into a paedo priest!

Hes also il duce in the boondock saints as well