Main Menu

Meg 2.05

Started by longmanshort, 08 April, 2003, 02:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tu-plang

"Incidentally, are the two Dante books that got swapped about now irreversably set that way? COuld it be that when they are relased as trade paperbacks, they are restored to the correct order?"

What are these books?  I honestly never noticed anything amiss.  I'n all curious now...

paulvonscott

Got home early this morning after a five hour drive, it's late, cold, I'm tired and unable to sleep due to too much red bull, needlessly worrying over a credit card bill and the bad thing that happened involving the oil cap of my car.

Can you smell fumes too?

Read the end of Aliens Dredd.  Well it was fun enough for what it was, shouldn't take it to seriously I suppose.  That sounds more dismissive than I mean it to be, but you know what I'm getting at.  That Mechanismo did good.

Enjoyed TPO, well done that man, looking forward to the next affair.  

It would be nice to take sides in the whole Diggle Mills thing, but to be honest it's all too depressing.  Certainly from the disadvantaged viewpoint of a reader, Diggle has not be a long chalk been the worst editor, and he was only editor for 18 months and he acknowledged where he went wrong.  It might have been an idea for Pat to cool down and go for a walk before he decided to have his say, if only because it could have been sorted out wit less acrimony (an unstable emotional element, created by transmuting base thoughts).  But I suspect past experiences in the seemingly disenchanting world of comics have shortened his fuse.  

Seems to me that working in comics is largely a miserable business from what I've picked up.  Someone tell me I'm wrong!

Well, tempted to fall unconscious reading Slaine (where I thought I saw an alien jukebox), or the jungle law of Darkie.  Though the latter might get me all excited again.

Roll on morning and sunshine.

Tired Cold Paul

hmmm... that's TCP.  And Tired Paul is TP.

Night

Paul

p.s. Someone's sent me a Garth Ennis comic in the post.  Aren't there laws against this?

damnandblast

"...(where I thought I saw an alien jukebox)..."

I was reading Shako in one of the old annuals the other day and thought I saw Walter the Wobot in the background.

Guess what?

I did.

That was very wierd.

Nigel

W. R. Logan

Sure when it appeared in the Prog there was a spot Walter competition.

Either that or walter was a CIA agent after the capsule.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

JamieB

"Seems to me that working in comics is largely a miserable business from what I've picked up. Someone tell me I'm wrong!"

Yep, you're wrong :P

J-Bo-1

damnandblast

"Sure when it appeared in the Prog there was a spot Walter competition."

Hmm.. your memory is frighteningly good, Logan!

It's been a funny week for spotting 2000AD oddities. One of the annuals has a 'Judge in MC1' photo-shoot that looks suspiciously like a young Pat Mills in a (what's the adjective for 'even less impressive than total shite'?) Dredd costume standing on a pile of rubble.

And riffling through my old record collection I found an album by an obscure American AOR band with a Jim Baikie cover. I was rather proud of myself for spotting that, truth be known!

Nigel

thinky

Sure when it appeared in the Prog there was a spot Walter competition.

that's how i won my Dan Dare communicators..!
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

McNulty

Ridgeway always does a great job on art set in Scotland!

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

longmanshort

To be honest, he does great art all the time! I managed to meet John at Babcom95 at the NEC. It was a pretty crap convention anf he was just sat at this stand with no indication of who he was. I noticed he had some original pages of the Babylon 5 comic by him so I just ambled up and chatted. I used to know an artist in Blackburn called Tim Perkins who used to do the colours for some of John's stuff, so we chatted about that.

Nice block :o)

PS some more images tomorrow on my website! (hopefully!)

Link: http://www.longmanshort.batcave.net" target="_blank">The Upsetting World of Longman Short

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

longmanshort

Or rather, nice BLOKE!

Oops

Link: http://www.longmanshort.batcave.net" target="_blank">The Upsetting World of Longman Short

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Oddboy

Cover: Didn't like this at all, yucky luminous orange colour, "bash street kids" joke, gah!

Haven't been really impressed by a Meg cover for ages now - not since Meg 4.14 http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=covers&page=megsimage&Image=4.14&choice=4&Comic=megazine&FirstProg=&LastProg=&MaxProg=" target="_blank">http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/megazine/thumbnails/4.14_thumb.jpg" alt Megazine 4.14>

Dredd - liking this quite a bit now. (although, NOTE TO WAKE: the page count so far is 30 pages, 15 in each episode!) - good fun stuff.

Apoc Soon - first thing I read this month, nice fun great stuff.

Black Sh*te (just being mean) - haven't read it since ep 1.  Might get round to it one day.

Family - slowly getting into this, although with a month between each episode I can't remember wtf is going on.  Like the Photo-frame scrapbook corners on the flash-back.  Nice touch Simon!

Middenface - great art, good story, enjoyment!

Non-fiction - TPO was good (as always) - sad that it must end, especially as there's at least been another year of 2000AD since the article started (enough for one more episode next month?)
Gordon's bit - pretty amusing, although I was distracted by Buffy the Vampire Slayer while reading it.
Ridgway - very glad The Dead Man is in his "proud of" collection, as I've got a page of his art for this in my living room. YAY!
Sl?ine - still not reading this because I read it last summer.
Darkies Mob - still a great romp!

Devlin - STILL THE BEST THING EVAH!(tm)*

Over all a darned fine issue, although it seems shorter then usual, maybe I'm imagining things.

*Not necessarily the best thing ever, but heck it's darned close.  That's why "ever" is spelt wrong.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

Gordon's bit - pretty amusing, although I was distracted by Buffy the Vampire Slayer while reading it.

I was a little disapointed that Gordon neither confirmed or denyied rumours that the Games Workshop offices are sort of like that room with all the people hanging from the ceiling in "Coma".

The Monarch

i had a good snigger at the last paragraph of gordons column and apocalypse soon i liked all of this months meg except from black shitddiah and slaine and mcnulty rules

petemaskreplica

I enjoyed this meg, especially Middenface & Waugh, my jaw dropped on the floor when I read Pat Mills' anti-Diggle rant, I'm going to miss TPO, it's set a high benchmark for how articles should be. SO when's the book coming out, eh? ;)

Darkie's Mob ace again, but I thought the monkey looked a litle forlorn without his hat.

Kate_Halprin

The Dante books in the wrong order are Love and War and Battleship Potemkin. As printed they have some weird continuity errors that make a lot more sense if you read them the other way round.