Main Menu

2000AD Villains Takeover Special

Started by Tarantino, 23 April, 2019, 10:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 27 April, 2019, 12:13:53 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 26 April, 2019, 01:23:45 PM
Quote from: Tarantino on 23 April, 2019, 10:12:45 AM
I've just been into Forbidden Planet in London and picked up a leaflet advertising a signing of a Villains Takeover Special, with an image of all the bad guys from 2000AD and the 2000AD logo.

This seems to be a one-off comic, but I've heard nothing about it. Does anyone know anything?

It's happening on Saturday 4th May between 1pm - 2pm.

Tarantino

A bunch of us are going to meet up to get things signed and/or go for a drink (mostly the drink, to be honest).  Copied from farcebook:

"It's Free Comic Book Day and also 99p 2000AD Day this year.
At the moment, there is only one signing happening and it's at Forbidden Planet and it has Matt Smith (Tharg) and Greg Staples signing the Villains Special, from 13:00-14:00
You know the score, meet up at the signing and then wander across to the Crown and Anchor in Neal Street and If we're not visible downstairs, then we'll be upstairs.
Come along and meet the Southern Contingent after the signing and have a chat over a few drinks. It's much better than tapping away at a keyboard.
See you there!"

That sounds Amazing!  How I long for that kind of comradery, meeting to discuss 2000ad over a drink. I would attend every event! However, I live in Canada where no one knows the thrills of 2000ad and comic collectors are more concerned with the value of their variant covers instead of the joy of reading good comics.
Have a drink for me and extend my gratitude to Tharg!

Talk to Trout see above... he's in Moose ******* country too
DDT did a job on me

Rogue Judge

Another Canuck? Where in the great white north are you Trout?