Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: robert_ellis on 02 March, 2017, 01:27:35 PM
RoboHunter: Beast of Blackheart Manor, Filby Case, Killing of Kid, Football Crazy
I suspect there's no chance that Football Crazy would be republished any time soon (the infamous Japanese stereotypes) - my list of Robo-Hunter goes as follows (off the top of my head):

• Verdus
  • the one with the God Droid (um, can't remember what it was called)
  • Human League
  • Slaying of Slade

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 02 March, 2017, 04:00:28 PM
I'd like to see some of the best stuff from the anuuals - text stories, droids favourite covers, how to draw Judge Dredd etc.
Not sure how they'd implement this - probably as back up content in relevant volumes.

The only text story that springs to mind is the one by Neil Gaiman, which obviously has commercial appeal...

McMahon's How to Draw Judge Dredd would make great back-up material, as would Ian Gibson's.  Were there any more?

Steve Green

Day of the Droids.

The football crazy thing is interesting, I've not been keeping up with the mega collection, not sure if they reprinted Our Man in Hondo, or The Warlord.

Caricatures like the ones in Football Crazy are a lot more obvious.

It's the sort of thing that could be addressed in the volume, how attitudes have changed.

Endurance UK was, what 10 years later, and still had this...

I think when Darkie's Mob was reprinted there was an associated text article. But obviously Hachette is potentially a much bigger audience, so who knows?

Tjm86

On the football crazy front all I can say is 'blakeee pentax!'.

As for the filler stuff, I have to admit the last few months of the mega collection have put me off this.  Much as I'd like to think that this would be great, there has been too much dross in that for my taste. Plus the repro on some of the issues has left a lot to be desired.  Father Earth for instance.

Pete Wells

I know it's creator owned and I already have it in other formats, but I'd like to see a nice, hardback Button man.

Rately

Quote from: Pete Wells on 02 March, 2017, 08:45:13 PM
I know it's creator owned and I already have it in other formats, but I'd like to see a nice, hardback Button man.

That would be absolutely brilliant. Still vividly remember the first series when i'd first started reading 2000AD. Some of the Ranson art takes me back to my teenage years.

That cover with Harry in the target would make a lovely cover for a hardback.

The Monarch

essential (to me discounting obvious long runners like nemesis, dante, stront ect

invasion
harry 20
vcs (old and new)
sinister dexter (know it counts as long runner but it would be nice to have it all in one place)
Red seas (same)
leviathan

wish for

canon fodder (because of course i want it in hardback :P)
Tyranny rex
time house
a book of tharg strips (is there enough?)

Smith

JLC

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: JLC on 03 March, 2017, 08:54:26 AM
Is this out now?

Don't believe so.
It's being released in some selected test areas around the country.
Don't think it's actually in those areas yet but I could be wrong.

JaHawkDroid

Has anyone heard confirmation of subscription yet? It said 3 days, but I've got nothing yet haha

Mardroid

I wasn't sure we even could subscribe yet, considering Molch-r's posts. I know there's a link on-site, where we can enter details, but I wonder if they're taking the information there yet. Response messages are easily automated.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 03 March, 2017, 01:06:22 PM
Has anyone heard confirmation of subscription yet? It said 3 days, but I've got nothing yet haha

I received confirmation twice. Once on originally subscribing and then a further email just now with a subscription number.

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 03 March, 2017, 02:58:09 PM
Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 03 March, 2017, 01:06:22 PM

I received confirmation twice. Once on originally subscribing and then a further email just now with a subscription number.

Yeah I literally just got the same thing, confirming what comes with what delivery and prices etc + giving me a subscriber number. Exciting times now

aceface11

Echo the comments about the spine artwork. It doesn't really feel encompassing like the Mega Collection. Needs far more characters and change of colour palette!

Also want Canon Fodder...  😅

How about a collection of Vector 13/with Black Light
Finn
Harlem Heroes (would that make me unpopular?!)
Mazeworld
Bad Company is a must

Matt