Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davgardo

After The Ro-Busters Nuts & Bolts hardbacks I am convinced that at some point they'll do similar with the Strontium Dog Starlord strips plus the first few 2000ad strips including Journey into Hell which, of course, received similar colour treatment. I think that is the main reason they won't release those strips in this collection.

Folkghost

Looking forward to getting my mits on the Halo Jones book in the next couple of days. Has anyone had a good look at it yet? I'm wondering how Ian Gibson's beautifully detailed artwork from part III has been reproduced in the new Hachette edition.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Folkghost on 05 September, 2017, 04:42:44 PM
Looking forward to getting my mits on the Halo Jones book in the next couple of days. Has anyone had a good look at it yet? I'm wondering how Ian Gibson's beautifully detailed artwork from part III has been reproduced in the new Hachette edition.

I would normally guess 'exactly the same as in the past 3 Rebellion editions' but some of the colours and contrast on Horned God were actually better than in the Rebellion book, so who knows...?
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

Quote from: oddballuk on 04 September, 2017, 04:49:05 PM
Reply on Facebook RE: Strontium Dog

QuoteThere are no current plans for the Starlord-published Strontium Dog stories to be included.

Thanks for the interest!

Glad I haven't tried selling off my Search/Destroy Files yet.
I guess it makes sense as its a 2000ad Ultimate collection not Characters who appear in 2000ad ultimate collection.

Dandontdare

Crisp and clean on good quality paper - only downside is that the pages are smaller than the prog, so may be tricky for old farts like me with deteriorating eyesight

Folkghost

That's good to hear.
I think the paper quality makes a real difference when the page size is slightly reduced.

JaHawkDroid

I really struggled to read Book One of Halo Jones last night. The dialogue seems quite muddy, but not sure if that's down to the repro, or me.

IndigoPrime

Might be worth checking out another book – the retro seems OK to me, in terms of dialogue balloons.

JaHawkDroid

Any chance a kind soul here could put up a picture of their copy? The second page of Book One seems a good one to compare?

Fungus

Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 September, 2017, 05:39:26 PM

Crisp and clean on good quality paper - only downside is that the pages are smaller than the prog, so may be tricky for old farts like me with deteriorating eyesight

Depending on sales the next partwork may be the LARGE PRINT Collection  :o

marko10174

I would imagine the figures that come with the premium sub are going to be worth a fortune one day.

abelardsnazz

The Facebook page has answered a question that the next volume of Slaine will be issue 18. Not sure what the thinking behind this is, as Dante seems to be fairly well spread out across the 80, and it means we'll get one Slaine book every 5 issues or so after the next one. I think the Dredd collection has done a pretty good job of keeping a good balance of Dredd and others, old and new, epics and shorts. There it is though.

JaHawkDroid

Yeah I was a bit gutted about the distance between Slaine volumes. We'll have had 2 of the Nikolai Dante Volume sby then...

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 06 September, 2017, 07:24:42 AM
The Facebook page has answered a question that the next volume of Slaine will be issue 18. Not sure what the thinking behind this is, as Dante seems to be fairly well spread out across the 80, and it means we'll get one Slaine book every 5 issues or so after the next one. I think the Dredd collection has done a pretty good job of keeping a good balance of Dredd and others, old and new, epics and shorts. There it is though.
The only thing I wonder about this is how they have begun mid-story with Slaine and maybe want to give it a breather before returning with Book 1.

karlos

When is issue #2 due out on the newsstands?