Main Menu

Judge's tattoo

Started by scooterjpw, 26 August, 2005, 04:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooterjpw

Does anyone have a nice image of the tattoo the Judges have on their arm?  

kraken

no image, but I am seriously considering getting Dredd and Death inked upon my person. Its just finding the right images thats doing my head in!
Bollands Death or Irvines? Jocks Dredd or Flints? In what pose? I definetly want a Dredd badge done.

Mike Carroll

This any good to you? It's adapted from the tattoo the judges wear in the movie...http://www.iol.ie/~carrollm/2000ad/tattoo1.gif">

Wake

And here's a photo of the tattoo given as a free gift in Lawman of the Future

Just to be clear, the judges in the comic do not have these tattoos.

Cheers,

Wakehttp://www.2000ad.nu/termight/freegifts/tattoo.jpg">

Wake

And another image. The previous one was scanned from the inside of the comic.

Cheers,

Wakehttp://www.2000ad.nu/termight/freegifts/giftlotf2.jpg">

scooterjpw

Adapted from the movie?
 Someone was telling me it was an eagle holding something in it's claws. - Maybee he was just high
What's the number underneath the eagle?
Thanks tons y'all

Wake

The Eagle is holding a shield in it's claws (but in front of it rather than below).

My assumption is that the number (and bar code) are for identification purposes - the tattoo is like a dog tag and the number is different for each Judge.

However, having a justice department tattoo does seem a bit counter productive, since it would be sensible to have it removed for undercover work. There are no references to Judges having such tattoos in 2000AD or the Judge Dredd Megazine, though there was one story (mentioned recently on the message board) where people who had face changes to remove their features (turning them into blob men) had to have bar codes tattooed onto their foreheads.

Cheers,

Wake

Large48

Doesn't Rufus have some nice 2000 AD related tats?

Perhaps we could have a guess the boarder by the tats comp???????
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Trout

Rufus is so inked-up that his tattoos ought to be in Tate Modern or somewhere.

Last Shedcon I suggested skinning Rufus and auctioning off his skin, and he took it very well, good lad that he is, largely ignoring that it was such a weird thing for me to say!

- Trout

Richmond Clements

Well, to be fair, it might have been weird if someone else- someone not styling themselves as an evil fish for example- had said it...

Quirkafleeg

>Last Shedcon I suggested skinning Rufus and auctioning off his skin

I'm surprised Fat Boy Dale's not put in a bid...

(Thinking of a particular Tale of the Unexpected...)

Dudley

Kraken - just to increase your predicament,m you really ought to also consider Ranson's Judge Death from the recent Anderson series, or Pete Doherty's from Boyhood of a Superfiend.  Both are incredibly well-drawn and scary.

Noisybast

I wasn't all that keen on Ranson's Death.
His face was all sort of squashed up.
Seems to me his artwork is great when he's capturing someone's likeness, but not so hot when rendering improbable extra-dimensional superfiends...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!