Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTooN

Ta mate ! Dredd sales need to make enough money to support continuation I guess. 3A or Mezco. Quality slipped on Mezco's 3rd and 4th release making me think they didnt sell well enough. If the main man doesnt sell enough its not good news for the lesser lights. I'm wondering if 3A subsidise 2000AD out of love as much as anything. Cant be for the massive profits can it ?..........in all honesty.

When they say they are waiting for an opening in the schedule it might mean only one subcontractor can make the product cheap enough for them to have a chance at breaking even. Stands to reason that factory will be in demand from others so they have to wait in line. I worked in contracting long enough to know you are sometimes at the mercy of your smallest subbies schedule.

Waiting for the schedule to open up is a good blanket answer for any number of possibilities.

I could be full of shit, I spend a lot of time wondering about 3A 2000AD dollies ;)

I've seen the ammo pouches on the Facebook 3A Legion pages on all kinds of figures. Love them no arguing but not sure if they would make much difference on the figures we have seen so far ?

lincnash

I think the thing that caught Mez, was the direct sales were all based in MC-1.
They used a subby Shipping Company for International, and the total price was HIGH.
Hate to say, but I think all Squaxx would recognize Dredd just doesn't have a large draw in MC-1.
While their Batman, Punisher, Daredevil, etc would be flying out the door.

I think the 3A Company as a whole, have been focused on SDCC this year and their own "US venture" thingamy.
I was disappointed they only took previous release 2000AD stuff along.
Now all that's out of the way, we may get some good news on 1/6 or 1/12 200AD releases.
I have a few Groats reserved for little 'poccy Dredd on Blue Lawmaster  :D.
May have to start another Custom, if they don't give us something soon  :).

Toon : "I spend a lot of time wondering about 3A 2000AD dollies ;)"
Not a bad hobby, if you ask me.

inkymonkey

Tracking data received from 3A just then...

Dredd is sitting at Australian Customs, awaiting clearance...  :D

lincnash

Quote from: inkymonkey on 14 September, 2017, 04:48:12 AM
Tracking data received from 3A just then...

Dredd is sitting at Australian Customs, awaiting clearance...  :D

Are ThreeA using an International Courier now mr.monkey ?.
Last Bamba order I placed, I noticed ChinaPost was no longer the Carrier.
I order a lot of things from Ebay and Asian Sellers always use it (very poor Tracking updates).
If yes, good to see 3A have given them the boot. (P*ss poor updates, created a lot of frustration with Squaxx).

My H.K. e-tailer uses HongKongPost, this was my last update :-
"2017-09-14 12:34 MELBOURNE VIC, Arrived at facility in destination country".
Not long now for Ozzers !, YAY!.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ted5536

Shipping info email today, but looks like it was a delayed notice as it was shipped couple days ago and is already on its way to US. Cannot wait to see this thing in person and then start the wait for apocalypse war Dredd. Hopefully by then we have some form of update on Fire or if they have found a way to knock down the price to create Johnny.

moly

ted5536

Quote from: moly on 14 September, 2017, 08:57:00 PM
Or make alpha 1/6

I am all for this would love a 1/6 over 1/12 and got no problem paying a bit more for him.

Andy Lambert

Notification of dispatch received! WOO HOO!!
(Happy dance)

inkymonkey

The Eagle Has Landed. And he's lovely.

lincnash

I've had one for 22 years, but I like the new one better !!.

TheTooN

Most excellent chaps ! Cant bleeding wait.

Someone please tell me that belt is free flowing and can be moved up/down to suit your taste. Also can the suit be smoothed out over the articulation around the crotch ? One of my early concerns on the preview pics was that the material seemed to be sucked into the articulation under the suit.

According to tracking the UK stuff is still awaiting clearance. Not long now !

lincnash

Yessum mr.Toon, the belt "free flows" and is not glued to the waist like 1/12 Dredd.
The elbow and knee pads have plenty of "give" also.
I don't think you can smooth the "leathers", around Dredd's "sensitive area's".
I'm not game to touch him there anyway, I'd be lookin' at long cube time  :lol:.

He is heavy and sturdy and the "ratchet joints" are great, he hold's a pose very well.
I have just swapped the "fists" for the Lawgiver grip and Daystick in the other, he looks GREAT
Hope all of Brit-Cit has there Dredd's delivered soon.
Bloody late in OZ, I'm off to bed.

TheTooN

Thanks Linc, I remember Gregory saying the belt would be free flowing but I couldnt remember which scale Dredd we were talking about. I still dont get why the little one was attached, 3 out of my 4 copies have big ass holes in the suit where the belts stuck through and joined to the body. No booty shots !

I like to have the belt shoved as low as possible, might not be canon but thats how I tend to like it on figures so far. Lets you manipulate the suit around a bit more and then you can hold it in place with the belt sat right down on the hips. Dunno if it will work with this, looks much thicker material. Looking forward to having a play with one. Does the zip go all the way up and still allow the chain to hang ok ?

Here's the Synth wearing the spare suit from the fig with broken hip ball. Hands and boots are just stuck to the ends of his limbs with blu-tac for the pic. 3 of 4 pads are missing their straps so they are also stuck on. Took me an age to get all the bits on at once  :crazy:

The reason we've never seen his face ?

Spikes

Quote from: TheTooN on 13 September, 2017, 01:36:08 PM
Dredd cleaning up after reports of rogue synths in Des 'o' Connor block.

Apologies to anyone thats seen it elsewhere already.

Just lovely, that. Can imagine the Dave Taylor droid drawing this  :)