Main Menu

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times but...

Started by Van Dom, 12 February, 2010, 10:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Maybe.  Or maybe it's to make Tharg's droids look like they're busy beavering away creating rather then beggering about on the net with the Squaxx.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Van Dom

Yeah, like, "Honest Guv, 10,600 posts, that's a typo, stupid internet, look, I only have 1 star so that proves it, I'm hardly EVER online...."
:)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

VinceBot

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 February, 2010, 09:06:53 AM
words

Correct! Here's the full list:

User Group                 Stars    Users    Posts Required
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mek-Quakes Leftovers       *        1825     1
Sub Basement Sewer Unit    *        499      10
Page Numbering Droid       **       110      100
Sentient Tea Bot           **       56       250
Prog Stacking Droid        ***      53       500
Posting Machine            ***      54       1000
Evil Cyborg                ****     16       2000
Battle Hardened War Robot  ****     33       2500
Bionic Fingers             *****    18       5000
CALL-ME-KENNETH!           *****    3        10000

I hadn't noticed the 2000AD Creators group only got the one star. I think I've corrected it now. Maybe.

To be honest, it's a pointless inciator or something we've got both words and numbers for. I'd rather we only had stars to indicate a user as a staff or important member, but it's a change to the template I can't be bothered to make.

Trout

Pah! Why should we trust you? You want to kill all humans!

There must be some other explanation. Maybe the stars mean how many brain operations you've had? My total's accurate.

Nurse! The screens!

- Trout

Paul faplad Finch

How did I miss this thread? That star thing has been bugging me for ages. I've come in here cos I was looking for the answer to a particular question and thought this might be a kind of general repository of faqs.

My question is this. How do I post a link in my signature. Bear in mind I only yesterday figured out how to post a link at all so as dumbed down as possible please.

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: faplad on 14 May, 2010, 07:02:34 PM
My question is this. How do I post a link in my signature. Bear in mind I only yesterday figured out how to post a link at all so as dumbed down as possible please.

Same way as you do in the forum dude ;)

Paul faplad Finch

:) I knew it would be something simple.  :)

See, I clicked on a button in the reply page that says 'insert hyperlink' and typed the adress thingy between the brackets. Easy.

That button aint there in the profile page as far as I can see. Forgive my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious.
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

CrazyFoxMachine

Paul faplad Finch

That whole page was pretty much giberish to me. Is that stuff second nature to everyone on the internet except me? Did everyone in the world just wake up one day knowing it?

I managed it though. Much obliged for the help.
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

willthemightyW

They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Proudhuff

Bah! that means I'll soon lose my Battle Harded War Droid moniker and become crappy Bionic Fingers, then the even worse...

Call me Kenneth!
DDT did a job on me

willthemightyW

hahaha. I like call me Kenneth, maybe that's because I root for the bad guys, except that thing in Raptaur, and the mechanismo units.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 May, 2010, 03:39:14 PM

Bah! that means I'll soon lose my Battle Harded War Droid moniker and become crappy Bionic Fingers, then the even worse...

Call me Kenneth!

Bionic Fingers isn't that bad you know. I reckon it sounds cool, as I always imagine the cool theme to the Six Million Dollar Man playing in my head [With Sound FX] whenever I look underneath my AVATAR.