Main Menu

DREDD Screening. Board Meet up?

Started by Bolt-01, 28 August, 2012, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 31 August, 2012, 07:55:25 PM
The only thing that matches my jealously is how happy I am that everything went so well and how much of an amazing time everyone looks to be having.

Testify, brother.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Large48 on 31 August, 2012, 07:24:42 PM
Nice pic Richmond, he's never been so scared!

Also I've worked out how the film stars have their pics taken.

While talking to Alex (ok don't start) watching Karl having his picture taken with various people, he stands on tiptoe depending on how tall you are!

See it's all smoke and mirrors really!

:(

I asked Molch-R to take a picture of me with Karl Urban and I noticed that he was standing on tip toes.

The first picture didn't come out right so Molch-R said he would take another. "And no trying to look taller than me this time!", I quipped to Karl, to which he replied;

"I'm Judge Dredd, I've got to be taller."
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Spaceghost

Here's me with a slightly elevated Karl Urban.

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Kev Levell

Was an honour to be there. I've had time to process it, and verdict is: it's great. I really enjoyed it.
I was a little taken aback by the violence, but on reflection, I think it was probably pretty in keeping with Dredd of the comics. I can certainly say that fans and non-fans alike will be able to enjoy the film, it hangs together nicely as a sci-fi thriller. Tight, fast paced, action packed - job done!

Afterwards, I was lucky enough to spend a few moments with John Wagner - cheekily showed him some of my work... he was very kind and I think, uncharacteristically for me, I was a little in awe of him.
Sad I didn't manage to chat to Carlos, but it was very cool that he made it too!

Was lovely also to catch up with old pals and board members I hadn't met before. Sadly I had to catch an early train home to help out with my little boy who's teething has been making him miserable!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: CraveNoir on 31 August, 2012, 05:31:49 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 31 August, 2012, 03:32:42 PM
(I said the Atrium looked like a large soundstage, and he said it was an actual square in Johanesburg, which both melted my brain and shot down the only minor niggle I had with the film)

It's actually in Cape Town, in front of Artscape, and was also used recently for the finale of Chronicle.

Whoops, that's my fairground mirror memory playing up again! D'oh!

darnmarr

I got back home this morning  at eleven,  quick wash and then some worky-stuff from 1 until now. V tired and still not entirely sure I didn't dream the whole thing. Cheers everybod... it was really great meeting you guys on that very special night.

Bat King

It was great meeting you Darnmarr, and everyone else too!

Was funny meeting @JudgePal and talking briefly about 'my fiends dad' who is a very naughty boy indeed.

I was pretty over awed actually. Just really started to relax in Pizza Hut when I had to go for my train. Wanted to keep on goibg. Though at those prices... Can afford many more points tonight watching my nephew's band gigging in Carpe Diem in Leeds now!

I have volunteered to be a volunteer at Thoughtbubble. See some of you there!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

W. R. Logan

Have sent John a thank you email for coming to the pub and scribbling on people's stuff.
Although I sent him the directions I think we have Johns daughter to thank that he actually found his way there.

Bat King

Thanks for sending directions!

It was a big bonus!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Goaty

Sorry as found my digital camera!

For you, Monkey!

CrazyFoxMachine

That picture of you and Carlos is adorable Goaty!

shaolin_monkey

That's brill, thanks very much Goaty!

Goaty

shaolin_monkey

Yeah, that whole evening was the high point of the year for me.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 08 January, 2013, 09:28:02 AM
Yeah, that whole evening was the high point of the year for me.
Damn straight. One of the bright points in a dark year for me!
It was a pleasure to meet you guys!