Main Menu

Brand New Day of Day-Z

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 30 July, 2014, 03:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Sorry, if this has already been put up, but I went over the limit of my bank account (And will need to borrow money from one of my other credit cards to pay this off...) to purchase this one on top of the Arma-Collection

Even though, I never needed this game. As I brought the stand-alone version of Day-Z.

I thought I would buy this game as it sounds like it's more hard-core than the other survival games like State of Decay and Rust.

I made up my character.....(I do hope they give you more design options later on..._) and started out in the soviet wilderness. I was cold and wet from the rain and hungry as well. I had to find food and shelter.

The controls for movement were reasonably straight forward and easy enough for me put up as I started him walking and soon running through over the grass and pine tree covered hills to some lower ground where I found a abandoned shed that was left open. 

It was completely empty inside..except for a lone spray can on the ground. So, I walked over to it attempted to pick it up and add it to my inventory. No, this wasn't happening as I managed to not press any of the correct buttons.

I so left this spray can and the shed containing it behind as I continued to run.. until I found a road and some houses ahead. I approached the door to get inside one as my character was still cold and wet from the elements. By this stage, I had switched to second person perspective from pressing Enter on the keyboard.

It was then that I worked out that I could access the Open-Door-Prompt (Showing up in yellow at the top left hand corner of the screen.) after using the scroll function on my Mouse-Wheel.

Aside from that, I couldn't get the damn door to open and had to finish there.

I really need help with this game here. Even after accessing the keyboard control bindings. There menus seem to cover very few things aside from what I really need to know after discovering more than one category consisting of control for Movement and Interaction (Among other categories.) and I thought the former category would give me everything I need to know about picking up that spray-can and opening that door.

Yet no, I'm a little lost here.

The game seriously needs a tutorial level to show me the basic ways of getting through it.

Consulting the wiki for further assistance here.

CheechFU

ThryllSeekyr

Thank you....somebody previously informed me that was how you do it.

My problem with the game now is that the few times. I've got it working...is that I've either died from jumping from the roof of building when I mean to use the ladder or running into a zed before I could find a weapon to fight them off with.

Another problem I've noticed is thee is glitch that allows them to walk through closed doors/walls and floors and go upstairs. As I've been told they are not supposed to do this.