Main Menu

Dredd in Gamesmaster

Started by satchmo, 25 January, 2008, 01:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

There's a nice little feature on Dredd computer games in the current issue of Gamesmaster Magazine. It has a rundown of all the old ones from the Spectrum to Judge Dredd Pinball, and discusses what a GTA style Dredd game could be like. The writer knows his stuff, and clearly has impeccable taste as he describes Dredd as "Incontestably the greatest comics character."
All very positive and made me smile.
Scrotnig!

ThryllSeekyr

Oh that does sound great.

Might it be possible for you to stick those pages up here.

ThryllSeekyr

Oh that does sound great.

Might it be possible for you to stick those pages up here.

Leigh S

Cool - sounds like an article after my own heart!

satchmo

I'll try and sort it out over the weekend Thryll!

ThryllSeekyr

Keef Monkey

Picked this up and thought it would have given Dredd Vs. Death more of a mention. Nice to see Dredd getting some good press, even if I wish it'd been more than the single page that it got.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well that's me off down the town in a few minutes then to buy this for the cellar.
Thank You satchmo for the heads up.

Bico

Vaguely related: the PS1 Dredd game (a lightgun thingy - although you can play it without one) is on sale on the PS3 store for three quid.  Once you download it, you can play it on either your PS3 or PSP.

I can't speak for the quality of the conversion (although the Syphon Filter and G Police conversions were spot-on) as I already have a copy for PS1, but the original is enjoyable enough without being groundbreaking.  It does feature the best movie Dredd you'll see - not saying much, but there you go.

Peter Wolf

"and discusses what a GTA style Dredd game could be like."

What a bloody good idea that is.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Keef Monkey

I've got that PS1 game Bico, I was really disappointed at the time but it's a good price and a fun enough diversion. My main problem with it was that it didn't have any weight to it, in most shooters the weapons have a nice chunky feel but in this they felt really weedy. Agree with you about the footage though.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well I'm back and after ripping open the mag in Smith's I couldn't see any Dredd stuff inside. The shop had the Feb issue, is this the Jan or March issue that has it in.
That was £3:49 I nearly wasted.