Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberkraken

Ah, IBS. I have that too it's drokking awful.
but the reason life spugs today is...

My wife left me yesterday. I had to drive her to her mums, and spend the night and morning alone and sobbing. Have gone to my 'rents today because I couldn't stand being alone all day.
Hopefully she'll be back soon.

Mike Gloady

Mate, that totally blows.  I'm thinking of you Sir.  Horrible at any time, but somehow any sadness seems multiplied just by virtue of the date, it's silly but it's human nature - contrast throws up darker shadows. 

Keep it together, I'm sure your parents are glad to have the opportunity to take care of you.  Keep putting one foot in front of the other.  Maybe keep a diary of your moods and mark down every small thing that feels like an achievement, after a while, you'll be able to look back and see how far you've come.  It's a shallow gradient, but keep going long enough and you'll come up.  Good luck.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Take care amberkraken, I hope things turn out right for you.

Colin MacNeil

Mike and Amberkracken, sorry to hear about your woes. I have Crohn's so I understand the IBS condition, it sucks the big one! We spent a very uncomfortable xmas with my bed-ridden mother so I can comprehend your troubles Mike. And Amberkracken, as shite as this time for you may be, never forget anything is possible in one's life. It's never too late, until you take your final breath in this particular existance. I got dumped once right before xmas, it was heartbreaking. But now I'm married to the most wonderful girl in the world. You just gotta keep on keeping on. Life is just one great big adventure. Some bits are fun, some sad, some enlightening and some seem hopeless, but they are but momments in our life. Whatever happens just "keep on trucking"!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 25 December, 2009, 07:41:51 PM
"keep on trucking"!

I'll be doing this tommorrow night Colin, thanks.

But seriously I have to agree with Colin on what he said. Life can change so quickly, one day you will have everything against you but the very next day it may all change for the better.

I see life as a rough ocean. There are troughs and crests as far as you can see, but you can only see the crests and that's how I travel through it. I just put all the bad things that have happened to me away and try never to think of them and just remember the good things when I was on the crest of those waves. Life has more fantastic things to offer than bad.

My son has autism and we have extremely trying times but all the amazing times overshadow these. We know he'll probably have to live with us till we die but we don't think about that as there is no point, we just live life to the full, well as full as Sam lets us ;)

Now for the soppy bit 'It's a wonderful life' is how life is, we do things for people and never give those things a seconds thought but those people do and love us for it.
We are all loved by many people.

Mike Gloady

When I go for my regular check-ups, I'm always faintly ashamed by some of the other folks there who have Crohn's, Celiac or other (far worse) conditions).  They've got real troubles and I feel very silly for being floored so badly and regularly by my condition.  Still, not my fault so I keep trying with whatever resources are available.  The state of mind makes these things worse, so trying to remain positive and upbeat is key.  Thanks for the kind thoughts Colin.  I'm trying to keep on the up and taking my own advice.  One foot in front of the other is the only way.  I reckon that might apply in most circumstances really.  

Amberkraken, just remember - the girls you split up with are the ones who teach you what you really want, what you'll put up with, what you won't and what you OUGHT to do with the one you finally end up with.  Hard to see that right now, I know, but it'll come in time - thinking of you and I hope it all turns out right eventually - remember - "keep on truckin" as Ace Garp (I mean Colin) said.

And CF speaks sense.  He's a good guy AND he can cripple a man with his thumb. 

Roger Godpleton

Sorry to hear that AK. I'm ashamed to admit I shyed away from posting a reply at first simply because I couldn't imagine what you must be feeling like.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Van Dom

Mike and AK - sorry to hear whats going on in your respective lives guys. Wish I could help in some way but I can't really. Don't even know what to say really except, hope things start looking up for you both, really really soon.
Take care dudes.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

wild-seven

Amberkracken: I really don't know what to say other than I really hope things take a turn for the better soon mate *hugs*
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

SmallBlueThing

Mike and Amberkraken- I know it means relatively little, next to the wishes of non-digital friends, but I'm sure that- like me- the rest of this board is thinking of you on this day of all days.

Sincere hopes that life gets immesurably better for both of you in the very near future.

SBT

Peter Wolf

Quote from: amberkraken on 25 December, 2009, 03:48:57 PM
Ah, IBS. I have that too it's drokking awful.
but the reason life spugs today is...

My wife left me yesterday. I had to drive her to her mums, and spend the night and morning alone and sobbing. Have gone to my 'rents today because I couldn't stand being alone all day.
Hopefully she'll be back soon.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today plus its good that you have your parents to fall back on and i hope they were or are supportive.

And Mike that must have been bloody awful for you .Not much else i can say but the best thing is to flog the house which will mean closure of the whole thing so hopefully when thats done you can move forwards.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

worldshown

Mike & Amberkraken,

There's nothing I can do or say for either of you right now, other than to wish the both of you the strength to pull through your respective troubles.

House of Usher

Amberkraken, Mike - sorry to hear how rough you've both got it right now. It's good to hear Colin, Commando Forces and yes, Mike himself, talking such good sense. Mike's idea of taking a systematic approach to keeping a diary is a good one. As important as it is to record your negative thoughts and feelings, it is equally important to list positive alternative thoughts for balance and note anything you've achieved each day. If I were you, amberkraken, I'd leave it until the new year has begun, but it can help.

I also hope things get better for you very soon. If you're still reading Ray Bradbury, don't neglect to track down a copy of Dandylion Wine, Bradbury's nostalgic fictionalised memoir of a childhood in 1920s Illinois.
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

For the record, while I very nearly had a meltdown on the MORNING of Christmas day, by lunchtime my brother had arrived and sat me down and talked.  I realised my keeping myself to myself on this day was massively selfish and deprived him of an opportunity to chat about it, after all he was just as upset as I was.  So we talked and afterwards things were better. 

So I ate sausage and mash for lunch, pasta for supper, opened my pressies, watched Dr Who & Citizen Kane (part of as I'd forgotten it was on and missed the first half) and a Dave Allen DVD and had a pretty fun day on my own.  Still in pain now, but taking active steps to alter your mood can have very successful results for both head AND belly.  And nice chat with other half (Christmassing with her dear pa) and mates on phone also helped.  So don't worry about me, a minor abberation in an otherwise slow upward trajectory.

AmberK, feel free to PM me if you want to chat, ok?  I'm not kidding myself my previous relationship hassles remotely measure up to your current troubles, but I understand how difficult these things can be and might be able to help, even if it's only by listening/reading.

Pete Wells

Oh poo, sorry to hear that both of you, really horrible stuff. I hope things turn out better for you both. However Mike, your reply to Amberkraken was lovely and demonstrates exactly why you are such a valued member of this board.

Life spugs for me today cos, after a really lovely Christmas, Mrs Pete was puking, pooping and, really scarily, blacking out and fainting all night. She felt, and still feels, really weak too. It can't be food poisoning as we all ate exactly the same yesterday so we'll have to see what the doc says next week. She shit the bed twice too which was... not the nicest of jobs for me to clean up. Merry Christmas!