Main Menu

Watchmen GN

Started by -Rogue-, 18 March, 2009, 11:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: "demos99"
Quote from: "Uncle Umpty"There seems to be two different covers with group shots and I'm not even convinced both of them are by Gibbons... one deffo is but the other is very suspect.
Both are by Gibbons but the hardcover group shot is an early promo piece, which is why some bits are a bit off - Ozzy's hair for one - whereas the paperback group cover is a later piece when the costumes had been finalised.

That explanes it then... but why use an early promo piece as the cover to the book, what is the point in that?

-Rogue-

Once mine arrives I'll tell you guys whether its the smiley face or the group shot cover.
Should be here tomorrow or Saturday.

-Rogue-

Sorry for double post, can't edit the above post.
Well the post just came and I've got my Watchmen book but its the group shot photo.
A little disappointed as I would have preferred the smiley face, but ah well I've still got the book ^^

JayzusB.Christ

Yeah, the latest cover's wank alright. Give me the close up smiley any day. Why do publishers feel that a complicated but uninteresting picture is better than a classic icon? I noticed they've taken the one-eyed bowler-hatted man off A Clockwork Orange too and replaced it with a photo of a glass of milk. I piss in your milk.

EDIT:
QuoteThe Smiley cover is the US edition, the UK edition has the group shot, due to the Smiley being trademarked over here
Ah, that answers my question. I really must start actually reading threads before i shoot my mouth off.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"