Main Menu

A long time ago..

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 04:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

I had an Amiga computer. (Anyone remember them?)

And I was given a game for this machine... developed  with Terry (Monty Python) Gilliam.

I can't remember its name but it did involve going round trying to assemble the missing pieces of Mr Gumbys brain

I... don't suppose anything like that s available now? 

jackstarr

I do indeed remember the Amiga - in fact I have one set up in my games room now (along with my commodore 64, binatone, and other miscellaneous early machines)

Do you mean the official Monty Python game for the Amiga?

Video of the game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2eq_8TK-sY

Bobblehead

It does sounds like the official Monty Python game. I think the cover had a giant foot coming down and squashing something.Had this game,i remember it being good but mad as a box of frogs,which is to be expected tbh.

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh yeah that's it! That's it!!!

Don't suppose that there is a modern version out there?  :'(

jackstarr

Unfortunately not that I'm aware of - it seems like the sort of game ripe for a remake - they've already remade Duck Tales, and they've just announced a remake of Superfrog, so there's definitely a market for 8-bit/16-bit game remakes.

If you like the old-school games, there are plenty of inventive and weird side-scrolling platformers and shooters available from indie developers - I usually get mine on Steam, but going by your other thread this isn't an option for you - and any other release would be as download-only directly from the developer (or from Humble Bundle if you get a good deal).  Do you have anywhere you can take your computer to in order to get it online temporarily to download a game?

jackstarr

Another option would be to download an Amiga emulator for your PC and then download a ROM file of the Monty Python game - then you could play that Monty Python game on your PC!

For legal reasons, and as far as I'm aware, I have to say that you'd need to have an original copy of both the Amiga and the game, as you're allowed a copy of both for back-up purposes only if you have the originals.

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh drat... Lost the game in a home move...  Still I am surprised no one has re made it.