Main Menu

Meg 365 - BRING ON THE NEXT TWENTY-FIVE

Started by Buttonman, 17 October, 2015, 10:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

A Prog and Meg breakfast treat for me today. Lovely Barry Kitson cover with plenty of bad guys to sort through.

Dredd and Beeny start out on a new Total War battle - interesting that the City's population is already up to 72 million - that's a power of shagging although Dredd puts it down to refugees - topical!

There are four letters none of which were mine!

Andrew Honan, London :7th - last Meg 341
Alex Frith, London : 18th - Last Prog 2013. Remains at Number 12 on the all time Beast List.
Christy Law, London : First
Kevin Hennessy London, actually Co Wicklow : 2nd , previous M169 V3.66

ZenArcade

The population figures always facinate, we had posted in the forum earlier in the year on post chao pop growth. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

IndigoPrime

Using Wikipedia's list of countries by population, the Meg would have been 28th in modern times, sandwiched between South Korea and Colombia. Already, it's leapt to 20th, between Turkey and France. Even so, its population density must be really weird. Very low as a whole, but with heavily concentrated areas of people, due to the safe area zoning.

Only read the Dredd so far. A good start. I do kind of wish Matt would at some point tell artists what ethnicity Beeny is supposed to be though. (EDIT: as in, her skin tone varies wildly between white and deep Hispanic tones, which is a bit weird in collections that prominently feature her.)

TordelBack

I'm going to be awful and say I really like that Beeny's skin colour is constantly in flux.  It's probably not the intention, but it screams 'totally not important' to me.  While Amy is technically a second-generation Puerto Rican immigrant of mixed (and deeply confused) parentage, and that does matter to the character, 'race' just isn't a thing in MC-1, and especially not in Justice Dept. In a city full of mutants, robots and aliens to act as the 'other', do those slightest of phenotypical variations even register?

Apestrife

Can't wait to read more Total War!

Regarding Beeny, it doesn't bother me much. I've grown used to it. I've seen DeMarco Guthrie seemed to switch back and forth pale/dark complexion and recently Maitland looked a bit more pale than before. For me it's a bit like Dredd's chin changing size or Anderson looking older/younger from time to time.

ZenArcade

Yep it is the essence of Beeny's charachter not the epidermal pigmentation which is the facination. On Dredd's chin, C McNeill is taking it up to Desperate Dan levels. Love it Z.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

Uh exciting the first time I've had a double header with my shiney me Digital Sub BUT... its not on the app. Can any digital subbers say when it normally shows up?

Apestrife

The earliest I'm able to get the meg and prog digitally are on Wednesday mornings on the 2000ad online shop.

The apps usually gets them later during the same day.

Timothy

Frank

Quote from: Apestrife on 17 October, 2015, 01:35:53 PM
DeMarco Guthrie seemed to switch back and forth pale/dark complexion and recently Maitland looked a bit more pale than before. For me it's a bit like Dredd's chin changing size or Anderson looking older/younger from time to time.

Characters get more boobs, more pecs, and more feet depending on which artist depicts them; I'm not sure why melanin should be any different. Issuing a colour chart prescribing characters' skin tone seems like a weird, retrograde step - as TordelBack says, in the fictional universe (and in our own) there are more important aspects to people.

JOE SOAP

I blame Weather Control. With all that's gone on it's been on the fritz lately causing everyone to look paler than usual.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 17 October, 2015, 02:49:45 PM
Uh exciting the first time I've had a double header with my shiney me Digital Sub BUT... its not on the app. Can any digital subbers say when it normally shows up?
Not until Wednesday I'm afraid. Welcome to the frustration club, we have stress balls.

Colin YNWA

Ah cool, thanks for the replies, for some reason thought the subs would land on Saturday like the physical ones. No biggie.

Proudhuff

A great Dredd : Total War going great guns. Other tales leaving me cold.text pages later.
DDT did a job on me

Geoff

Superb Cover and Total War story - feel rather like Proudhuff on the rest.

Although I did like the bit on 2000ad/Vertigo contributing artists.