Main Menu

Action Comic - Full Run For Sale on eBay

Started by Buttonman, 21 February, 2016, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Here's the one you've been waiting for!

Having become bored of losing out on auctions for the Summer Specials I've decided to put my full run of Action comics up for grabs. No doubt I'll regret it later like I did with my 'Scream ' comics but I can always buy them back later.

The auction is live from 9.00pm tonight - bid hard and frequently!

Here Be Bargains!

The Enigmatic Dr X

This listing has been removed, or this item isn't available.

Although I wouldn't mind a crack at it, BM...
Lock up your spoons!

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Buttonman

Yeah it's definitely there - just hidden from the masses until 9pm! If you're a winner Dr X happy to meet or drop off to save post (and Paypal) fees!.

Colin YNWA

Well it will almost certainly get to rich for my blood very quickly, but as ever with eBay only the first bidder can get it at the opening price, so for a wee while (and with a little extra added) I can foolishly believe that might be me.

Spikes

Love that (last issue?) cover, with the 'exciting news inside' blurb.
IPC shorthand for 'it's been nice knowing you, folks..'

Good luck with the sale, BM. These will be a cracking read for the winner.

Buttonman

Thanks all and good luck Colin!

I enjoyed them but had the same problem I had with my  Roy of the Rovers binge - the characters lack depth and it all gets a bit samey. I read all 80 odd in a week so 'Look out for Lefty' had the same recurring issues - lost boots, missed the team bus, not well and a big trial was coming up - every couple of months. Dredger too was one dimensional as was this trucker story and as for Hookjaw - how many plots can a man eating shark have? Answer : one.

That said they are all fantastic and worthy of your groats!

Buttonman

This is up in about 3 hours - still cheap at £103 - barely a pound a comic!

Join the frenzy HERE!

COMMANDO FORCES

WhizzBang

At 8p per issue as the original price, this makes a 1150% rise in value over 39 years - about 6.5% per year return on investment!

Tjm86

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 February, 2016, 06:48:37 PM
£103.09

Par for the course for a complete run.  Reckon there's still some mileage in that with an hour or so to go.  Would be surprised if it went for less than £150.

Buttonman

£129.49 - don't let donbradman get them cheap!

Buttonman

£187! Happy with that - tiny profit and a free read!