Main Menu

Buttonman on the Box - !mpossible BBC1 5.15pm on Tuesday 24th July to 27th

Started by Buttonman, 11 July, 2018, 10:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

He's back and he's bad! (at answering questions).

After memorable stints on First Class (1987 - 1 win 1 loss), Weakest Link (2008 - win) and 15-1 (2014 - 4th, 1st & 2nd) our favourite (well mine at any rate) game show contestant returns for four shows on the tea time Quiz !mpossible.

The series starts on Monday with the venerable B'man showing up on Tuesday the 27th for as many shows as it takes to get the elusive jackpot - you come back each day until you get a crack at the final or when the block ends on the Friday. With a total of 24 contestants it'll be a tall order - tune in and see if his comments about 2000ad make the cut!

Don't worry this thread will be endlessly bumped and I'll live comment on the Wednesday episode as I'm off work and I like to irritate people!

sheridan

Not having access to BBC1 - how did you do on the Tuesday episode?

Buttonman

Not allowed to say! Will say that I'm on the Wednesday one too!

Can't you mask your isp and watch it via the BBC iPlayer if you are overseas? Theoretically of course, I wouldn't condone such activities.

Proudhuff

unfortunately I have a prior appointment sticking pins in my eyes....
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

FFS! Next Tuesday Tom! Set your alarm for 5.15 on the 24th and wake up all refreshed for the exciting action! I do two rounds on books and literature. That should be up your street, what with your sweeping up at the library gig.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: Buttonman on 12 July, 2018, 09:59:44 AM
Not allowed to say! Will say that I'm on the Wednesday one too!

Can't you mask your isp and watch it via the BBC iPlayer if you are overseas? Theoretically of course, I wouldn't condone such activities.

Ah, misread the date - I asked on the Wednesday how the Tuesday episode had gone, but got the week wrong!

JayzusB.Christ

Ah bollix, I thought there was a series of Button Man in production. Still, next best thing I suppose
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 July, 2018, 03:42:55 PM
Ah bollix, I thought there was a series of Button Man in production.

Exactly what I thought.

My disappointment knows no bounds.

Theblazeuk

Buttonman

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 19 July, 2018, 12:59:32 PM
You recorded the episodes already?

Yes, they will filmed last October - and I can guarantee excitement! Or a least me bantering with the host in a series of bad shirts. (him, not me).

TordelBack

Quote from: Buttonman on 20 July, 2018, 07:20:20 AM
...a series of bad shirts.

A series implying a number of instances greater than two, mmmmmm?  Confidentiality clause slipping there, BM?

Colin YNWA

Next week... next bloody week... NEXT WEEK.... I'm not sure if I'll be able to put up with Rick Edwards introducing that show again having tried to spot you FIVE TIMES just now!

Buttonman

How hard is this people?! (ooh-er)

It's on Tuesday coming (ooh-er again) the 24th.

I am billed as 'Steve' (they already had a 'Steven') - didn't matter that I use the correct spelling.

I am in the top right corner and will appear in all 4 shows Tuesday - Friday - will I get to the final? Will I get to the final final?

Tune in and see.

Or check this thread in a week for a blow by blow account. (ooh-er again again)