Main Menu

Black Mirror : Bandersnatch on Netflix

Started by Buttonman, 28 December, 2018, 10:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

This dropped today and was a lot of fun.

A choose your own adventure format with you choosing options via your remote throughout - Frosties or Sugar Puffs? Bury or cut up? You choose.

A Slaine 2000ad cover spotted on the hero's wall as well as one on the table of the games company office.

Great fun = think I saw five endings but no doubt plenty more hidden away.

Spoiler tag your best bits!

[spoiler]The 'Netflix' option was great as the character realised we were controlling his actions![/spoiler]

M.I.K.

You are sitting at a computer reading a forum post about Bandersnatch, the latest interactive episode of Black Mirror.

If you want to see a related post, click here.

If you want to do nothing, click here.

DaveGYNWA

Really well done - favourite bit we found was:

[spoiler]going down the Netflix route he ends up in a big "kung-fu fight" with his therapist, and eventually his dad (who you can then kick squaw in the nuts!!)[/spoiler]

We're going to have another crack at it later - this time we're going for Sugar Puffs!!!!!
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

That was crazy and great episode!

I create illustration for it;

"Red pill or Blue pill?"

Smith

Eamonn Clarke

Wikipedia
"In one ending, the sound of a computer data tape recording is heard; loading the sound into a ZX Spectrum provides the viewer with a QR code with the White Bear glyph in the middle that leads to the fictional Tuckersoft website, where a playable copy of the ZX Spectrum game Nohzdyve can be downloaded"

Mattofthespurs

DaveGYNWA

Well the Sugar Puffs route......[spoiler]doesn't ultimately have any effect, by the looks of it. Our second viewing, we ended up in the future with the programmer of the Netflix show going nutty and beating the living crap out of her computer/throwing tea over her computer when the 'game' crashed while looking at Stefan asleep in his bed.[/spoiler]

We're going to watch once more and see what happens if....[spoiler]we choose not to follow Colin, and instead go to speak to the therapist.[/spoiler]

Mattofthespurs

Am I missing something or are you?

We managed to play all 5 endings one after another as each one ended we were sent back to the main branching point to re-select or choose to go to the credits.

So in the end the 45 minute episode lasted 90 mins and we saw, I think, pretty much all the options that counted.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 31 December, 2018, 03:18:53 PM
Am I missing something or are you?

Not missing anything at all....just enjoying the possibilities.

Proudhuff

Pretty pissed off my tech doesn't do this... second class cit or what? A standard episode for Luddites
Would be nice
DDT did a job on me

Mardroid

Watched/played Bandersnatch a short while ago. Very strange, very unusual and somewhat surreal. Got to the end, but I don't think I played out every eventuality. It did seem to end a few times then branch back, but I'm sure there are routes I didn't take. Different choice of cereal and song at start for example.

Something the programmer guy* said seemed to suggest [spoiler]it's the choices near the start that make the difference. Then again he also said there was no free will, but maybe that was just a clue to the fact the viewer is partially controlling his actions.[/spoiler]

*i know his face, but can't quite place where I saw him.