Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 24 July, 2020, 04:07:38 PM
Same spine cock-up here. Have they confirmed whether all subscribers will get one automatically yet?
Yes:
We are going to do a full issue reprint which will be sent out to all subscribers.

https://www.facebook.com/2000ADCollection/posts/2655172494811066?comment_id=2658577781137204&reply_comment_id=2661039964224319&__cft__
  • =AZVrJ_cA_evoZk0fmzgIrry3es15_ytFslCJ80SJ7xKfWdJuIQKiG7FgUtVIbB35ekAnPU55ROmdQqszQftt7ewuPKXEvED3lqfPOIfI1d5hwZAYMKbtahRLF4QKAsWXDxGMmUEmKbKy2Q55UZUCVz_8U1JI0oY2tEffsaZ_qzxwlg&__tn__=R]-R

moly

Received them today, bit strange they still haven't announced officially it's been extended with only two months to go

Trooper McFad

Just finished the latest Dante and wow it just gets better. The way the threads are being pulled together and the culling of characters- this should be a mini series on Netflix/Prime it has everything.
Can't wait for the finale.
Anyway I've got Savage to read now and never read anything after invasion I'm curious to see the inevitable character change time will bring.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

My back-up copy of Dante vol. 7 did turn up at my LCS in the end so I've got a spare if anyone is short  of one. Cost and postage - though don't think this one is as hard as some to find?

Tomwe

sorry, just wanted to be sure. All Dante books, for instance, now available to order from the spruced up Hachette site.

Trooper McFad

Looks like that a lot more "sold out" books are back available which is good as I had my eye on a couple of books I'd like to pick up.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

mitchuk

The new Hachette website is a bit odd. Can't login with my email and password so have to use subscription number and postcode. Go to check orders, and everything is listed on invoice four times, then the duplicates are removed when calculating final cost. It's really strange.

QuoteCost Premium 76 1 £1.50
2000 AD N 75 1 £9.99
2000 AD N 76 1 £9.99
Cost Premium 75 1 £1.50
2000 AD N 75 1 £9.99
Cost Premium 75 1 £1.50
Cost Premium 76 1 £1.50
2000 AD N 76 1 £9.99
2000 AD N 75 1 £9.99
Cost Premium 75 1 £1.50
Cost Premium 76 1 £1.50
2000 AD N 76 1 £9.99
2000 AD N 76 1 £9.99
2000 AD N 75 1 £9.99
Cost Premium 76 1 £1.50
Cost Premium 75 1 £1.50
POSTAGE COST £-68.94
TOTAL £22.98

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 July, 2020, 10:49:18 AMLooks like that a lot more "sold out" books are back available
Although not for Transformers. ARGH. Did they only print eleven copies of the #80ish collections or something?

Arkady

Really enjoying All-Star Future Shocks.

Can anyone make sense of the order that they're in, though? They're chronological up to prog 1232, and then it goes back to prog 245 and has another chronological run. Why not just have them all in chronological order? Am I missing something obvious?

IndigoPrime

Does the new book not separate them by writer? The original Rebellion volume had pages introducing each writer, IIRC.

Arkady

Not consistently, no, and no intro pages.

sintec

I was going to agree with Indigo Prime that they're grouped by authour. Then I went and grabbed my volume of the book shelf just to double check and realised that doesn't entirely hold. There are 2 chronological runs, I recalled the last section as being all John Smith, which it mostly is except the ones that aren't which include two Morrison stories and I thought all the Morrison stuff was grouped up earlier in the book.

Yeah no idea - would be interesting to find out what the reasoning was.  Maybe it was all about getting things to land on the right starting page without needing to insert lots of blank filler pages.

IndigoPrime

I just checked my original Rebellion volume, and that does separate the strips by author. Each has a DPS of story titles, and an intro by the author, outlining their process for creating the strips. I assume the Hachette volume dispenses with that, then?

sintec

Yeah there's a single double page spread with a list of strips and credits at the start of the volume.

I don't think it's quite the same collection of strips as the previous Rebellion volume - I think I used that as a guesstimate in my speculation spreadsheet and found it diverged quite a bit.  There are a few extra early FS added and slightly fewer Peter Milligan stories I think. Something like that. It's not a huge difference but it's not a straight reprint which I think the Moore book basically was??

IndigoPrime

Yeah, I imagine it has slightly different pagination and contents, hence the shift in structure.

Also, the official notification about the spine cock-up went out today. TL;DR a reprint's coming for subs. Reading between the lines, if you haven't already got your copy, you won't get one until the reprint.