Main Menu

Its the Rapture....apparently

Started by Emp, 20 May, 2011, 05:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Quote from: strontium71 on 21 May, 2011, 06:19:10 PM
Well , it's 18:19 and I'm still here. Clearly I haven't been a good boy this lifetime  :(

Well that makes atleast 2 of us! good news then since the devil plays all the best tunes!
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

strontium71

The worst thing is that I am in general not a bad person. I am totally against animal cruelty and try to be a generally pleasant person but , because I don't believe in God or any religion for that matter , if the Rapture happens I'm screwed because of that. What sort of higher being forces you into believing him and damns you for not doing so. Hardly fair is it? I thought if there was such a thing as God then he'd love you regardless if you actually followed religion or not.
...because I hate you.

JOE SOAP

It's after six and I've just raptured myself.

TordelBack

Quote from: strontium71 on 21 May, 2011, 06:56:51 PM
I thought if there was such a thing as God then he'd love you regardless if you actually followed religion or not.

I'm an atheist of strong conviction, but as a former religious type I also have quite a lot of time for Jesus-of-the-Gospels.  The Jesus these Rapture folks seem to cleave to mainly features in that hackwork sequel right at the back, and it was a bad day at the scriptorium when they decided on binding in that POS.  A covers gallery would have been a better use of space.

Peter Wolf

Did Harold Camping give away any of his estimated 100 million USD [received in donations] previous to today* ??

No.

A bit suspect since he was so absolutely certain that today was the day but its obvious Harold Camping is a liar and a fraud who has exploited gullible and weak minded people enough for some of them to give away their possessions and homes as they thought they would be raptured.utter stupidity.Also it scared a lot of children but i dont class children as being gullible idiots obviously.

All those stupid Atheist/Humanists are very juvenile having their stupid parties to celebrate the non-event when any intelligent adult who isnt interested in stupid point scoring would just disregard it all as nonsense and move on from it.

*I dont exactly how much of the 100 million was spent on advertising .

PS: I am no way suggesting that all Christians are gullible/weak minded only the followers of Harold Camping.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Professor Bear

Quote from: strontium71 on 21 May, 2011, 06:56:51 PMWhat sort of higher being forces you into believing him and damns you for not doing so. Hardly fair is it? I thought if there was such a thing as God then he'd love you regardless if you actually followed religion or not.

Only the nutjobs and Johnny-come-latelys subscribe to this interpretation, the major faiths believing that God finds the good and the decent no matter where they are - the Bible tells that God went among the populace of Sodom and Gomorrah to seek out the good among them before he passed any kind of judgment, for instance, yet the cities were supposedly far from His sight and the entirety of the populace beyond redemption according to earth-bound religious nuts at the time who seemed to be more hung up on the fact that there was bumming or something going on than the doings of rapists, murderers and slavers.  He made the effort to find the good then, so I think He'd do the same now.

Besides, Christ himself wasn't a Christian because they didn't exist until after he was dead, and he seems to have got into Heaven okay.  You'll be fine.

For some reason this reminds me of that old joke:  Jesus interrupts the stoning of an adulteress and tells the crowd "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."  This big rock slaps right into the side of his head and he goes "Aw, Muuuuum..."

TordelBack

Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 May, 2011, 08:20:33 PM
For some reason this reminds me of that old joke:  Jesus interrupts the stoning of an adulteres  and tells the crowd "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."  This big rock slaps right into the side of his head and he goes "Aw, Muuuuum..."

I'm stealing that one.

Professor Bear

That joke is so old I think Jesus might actually be the one who came up with it.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Emperor

And so it begins:

QuoteIceland's Meteorological Office confirmed that an eruption had begun at the Grimsvotn volcano, accompanied by a series of small earthquakes.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43121772/ns/world_news-europe/

Grimsvotn? Does it get any more clear than this?

I'm implementing Zombie Apocalypse Plan Beta.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emp

what was wrong with the Alpha plan?

Emperor

Quote from: Emp on 22 May, 2011, 03:08:46 AM
what was wrong with the Alpha plan?

That involves relatively small local scale outbreaks that can be sat out by fortifying the old homestead (and chopping out the stairs). It'd also be easy enough to clear and secure the road and possibly push out a zone of control beyond that depending on zombie numbers and the speed the authorities are clearing up.

Beta is for global outbreaks and involves an escape to the Isle of Man, with possible fallbacks to the Channel Islands and ultimately Gozo.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Emp

Interesting , though it does seem a little out of your hands unless you can actually get and pilot a craft to IOM or Gozo.

Personally I have a little landmark close to home which has been designated as the place to be when the zombie attacks start http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrabo_Tower

Emperor

Emp