six-page text feature, 'In detail'

Steve Green

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 September, 2017, 10:26:38 PM
For the avoidance of doubt:

Kreeler Conspiracy
Blood Moon
The Heady Foot Job
six-page text feature, 'In detail'

Hmm OK, they're already moving stuff around or skipping it then.

IndigoPrime

Almost certainly moving around to hit page count limitations.

Klegg Bait

Really looking forward to the Dante volumes.  I've never read the stories, been interested for years but the graphic novels aren't always in print.

sintec

Just picked up my parcel from the depot having had the red card of anticipation delivered yesterday. First impression; these look gorgeous.  Stront was one of the main reasons I subbed as a good friend has been telling me I should read it for years.  Might have to read that one first, although it's a tough call 'cause Shakara looks stunning.

Never got into 2000AD back in my teens (for me that would have been the early to mid 90s) so this series is a great opportunity to catch up on loads of classics I've missed.  So far it's been top quality. 

Rately

Received the third and fourth volumes yesterday. Absolutely lovely stuff, and, like so many others, it gives me the opportunity to read lots of great stuff for the first time.

Jamie1000013

I might cave in and subscribe, I just bought Shakara and if it is really good I'll sub I think. Just annoying the Mega collection is still coming out. The biggest issue is not cost but space since I got the Marvel collection and got about 60 issues with that lol, and the Dredd one is filling up space.

I might only subscribe for 20 issues since I only really want the Sketch book you get on the 9th delivery. I will then probably pick and choose what I then get, probably get ones like Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, Nemesis, Sinister Dexter, and might try out the odd collections I've never read.

Will Button Man feature do you think? Hopefully there is no Zenith since I have them.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 27 September, 2017, 04:18:23 PMWill Button Man feature do you think? Hopefully there is no Zenith since I have them.
Neither of those will be in the initial run.

The Monarch

i doubt button man will be in at all its creator owned isn't it

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 27 September, 2017, 04:18:23 PM
I might cave in and subscribe, I just bought Shakara and if it is really good I'll sub I think. Just annoying the Mega collection is still coming out. The biggest issue is not cost but space since I got the Marvel collection and got about 60 issues with that lol, and the Dredd one is filling up space.

I feel your 'pain' I have the Marvel collection running at the moment, as well as the JD one, the 2000 AD one, The Doctor Who one, the DC graphic novel collection plus near the end of the build a millennium falcon and 30 issues into build an R2-D2.
Just throw out some furniture, sit on the floor, man up, and read.
Jeez, it aint hard  ;)

Jamie1000013

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 27 September, 2017, 06:14:48 PM

I feel your 'pain' I have the Marvel collection running at the moment, as well as the JD one, the 2000 AD one, The Doctor Who one, the DC graphic novel collection plus near the end of the build a millennium falcon and 30 issues into build an R2-D2.
Just throw out some furniture, sit on the floor, man up, and read.
Jeez, it aint hard  ;)

hahahahaha. I wanted to get the DC collection it actually has a lot of really good volumes tbh, You on like issue 160 on the Marvel collection now? lol.

Yeah I'm gunna sub today you have convinced me. Who needs a bed frame when I can just neatly stack my Hachette partworks to make a bed frame and put a mattress on top.

Mattofthespurs

The Marvel collection I joined when it restarted last year so I'm only on issue 47 or something.
The DC one is pretty neat.
Also getting the Star Trek graphic novel collection. On issue 20 of that.

Jim_Campbell

Just wanted to say that I re-read Halo Jones the other day for the first time in twenty-*coughcoughcough* years thanks to the handsome volume that this collection delivered. It's easily as good as I remembered. Brilliant stuff.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Just annoying the Mega collection is still coming out.

Yup.  Yesterday I had to choose between Mutants in Mega-City 1 and Shakara Vol 1.  No squaxx should ever have to face such a dilemma, not since Eagle was cancelled at any rate.

(In fact I note with horror that this month's potential spend on House of Tharg weekly/fortnightly/monthly periodicals alone stands at about Eur€85 - that's not even vaguely doable).   

barnesy

Just received issues 3 and 4, fantastic looking volumes. Looking forward to getting into them after work.
I am wrapping up the Marvel official graphic novel collection at issue 151 (it's just going to go on and on, not too interested in any of the volumes other than Vision) and still collecting the DC collection as well as cherry picking the Mega Collection.
Like others have said - space is of a premium. The Marvel partworks are sitting on a ten foot long shelf, hope that this collection lasts as long.