Main Menu

Londons Falling -

Started by DavidXBrunt, 23 June, 2006, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Smith

That's the London Falling entry finished with a plot which i' rather chuffed with.

J.Smith

That's the London Falling entry finished with a plot which i' rather chuffed with.

Dark Jimbo

Can I take it that the London Falling entry is finished, and that you're rather chuffed with the plot? :)
@jamesfeistdraws

J.Smith

DavidXBrunt

Then don't be so tongue tied.

Tiplodocus

I must be the dumbest boarder around because every single bit of this folklore went way above my head (and it sits on an elongated sauropod neck).

Here's another sign as to how dumb I was. I kept thinking Jack was actually Jack The Ripper. I'd convinced my self that his surname was an anagram of Whitechapel, you see.

Weapons grade stupidity on display there.

I really enjoyed the story and the art. TOOTH should do more of these little short things.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

J.Smith

Go-Machine otta be good next week. I'll miss it though. Away to Lanzarote on Sunday. Cool.

Trout

I absolutely loved the end of London Falling. It made me laugh out loud with relief. What a clever piece of reader manipulation.

It also shows the maturity of storytelling Si Spurrier has developed in recent years.
He's on a roll, with Random, Kipling and now this.

I've been critical (in a positive way, hopefully) of his work in the past and I want to say I am increasingly impressed these days.

I was especially pleased to see a strong strip without all that over-written "voiceover" dialogue in some of Si's other stuff.

Bloody well done!

Nice art, too.

- Trout

J.Smith

Yeah it was certainly some great art. Loved it. Such a great story.

Tweak72

i had to keep my self from having an opinion as i had a feeling it was going to scan better as one read 9as i wasnt enjoying it in the weekly instalments) and hell it was brilliant in one go
well done
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

House of Usher

I finally got up to date, and read the last part of London Falling (or was that London's Falling, or Londons' Falling? - ;-)

As it went, very good. A nice little curio in a lovely little package. I can now forgive it for being short and self-contained. Anything longer might have been construed as pointless and self-indulgent. It wouldn't do for Si to have patterned London Falling after Return To Armageddon anyway.
STRIKE !!!

Floyd-the-k

it was really good stuff.  I think the Trout is right there.
  I do think the story could have been a bit longer. Maybe I'll appreciate it better on rereading

johnnystress

Loved it- loved the ending

(despite the fact it completely ruins the story I had written for Something Wicked Number 2)

Well done lads
;)