Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Been playing Infamous from off of that free PSN thingy. It's actually very, very fun. The karma system is pretty lightweight (the choices are all ridiculously black and white) and the free-running is a bit twitchy/fiddly, plus it's got a real lack of polish. BUT the presentation is really cool (all comic book-style cutscenes), the side-missions are all enjoyable and varied and the powers are a lot of fun, and you feel a real superhero after a few hours when you've mastered a ton of stuff, whereupon all the wee niggles fade away pretty much. Just mopping up the second island and (I assume) one more to go, but so far I'd say this is the most I've enjoyed a PS3 game (and yes, I've played the Uncharteds).

Zarjazzer

D& D Daggerdale still. Completed  it as three of the stock characters and now I'm belting Undead/Zhents/goblins as a dwarf cleric.! See goblin! kill goblin! Um.. :-[

At least it isn't taking over my life though. As I'm a firm believer in repeating a lie often enough and loud enough until I believe it...a career with the 4th estate beckons!  :)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

M.I.K.

Jacked : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3UpR_qhhhE

Got it from The Works along with Rag Doll Kung Fu. A solitary pound for the two of them.

Didn't expect much for 50p, but it's actually rather good. Seems a bit difficult to begin with, but quite addictive once you get the hang of it, (which doesn't take long).

[Carl]

I just finished Half Life 2 for the umpteenth time :)

Hegel

Earth defence Force 2017 as an appetiser to this friday's release of the sequel Insect Armageddon!!!!!

Chris Fain

I have Red Dead Redemption on heavy rotation. There is no feeling like murdering someone online, and then stealing their Zebra.

Keef Monkey

Finished Infamous on PS3. Really, really enjoyable and a great ending that has me dying to get onto the sequel. Definitely the most enjoyable game I've played on PS3, and the only PS3 exclusive I've played which I would stick on my shelf of minor classics. I can't put it on my shelf though because it was a download. Sometimes the digital age makes me sad.

Have moved onto Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on 360, not feeling it so far. I hated the 1st game, but am persevering as I quite enjoyed the 2nd but this just isn't clicking for me yet.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Just Cause 2 is taking over my life!

I'm such a fascist when I play massacering the poor civilian inhabitants of the Panuan Islands with merciless abandonment. My favourite 'trick' is too steal a sports car  from some unhappy resident and then ram it at high speed into the petrol tanks beneath the Petrol stations where the Panuan security Forces sometimes gather, leaping clear just before impact to save my worthless hide and machine gun/grenade any survivors.

It's good to be so bad! ;)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

I, Cosh

Super Meat Boy, an addictive and frustrating platformer. I thought I was never going to get past the last part of level 3.

Still banging away at Child of Eden too. Notched up my first five star rating the other day.
We never really die.

Keef Monkey

Sent AC Brotherhood back to lovefilm, might give it another pop sometime, but in the 2 hours I played it I didn't enjoy it at all. For some reason while I'm playing it I can't at all remember why I enjoyed the 2nd one, the controls are awful and it's a real chore to get around in which I find is the biggest barrier for me with open world sandboxy games. It has to feel really satisfying to get around, but with AC it's just fiddly. Annoyed that I won't get to see what happens in the story mind you, I find that sc-fi side of it intriguing (even if I don't really get into all the Ezio stuff).

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 24 July, 2011, 04:32:25 PM
Sent AC Brotherhood back to lovefilm, might give it another pop sometime, but in the 2 hours I played it I didn't enjoy it at all. For some reason while I'm playing it I can't at all remember why I enjoyed the 2nd one, the controls are awful and it's a real chore to get around in which I find is the biggest barrier for me with open world sandboxy games. It has to feel really satisfying to get around, but with AC it's just fiddly. Annoyed that I won't get to see what happens in the story mind you, I find that sc-fi side of it intriguing (even if I don't really get into all the Ezio stuff).

Oddly- I felt the exact opposite! I'd not played any of the others, so can't compare, but I loved this game. I thought the controls where brilliantly intuitive, but will say that it did take a while before I tumbled to them.

HatefulCactus

Feel My Hate!

JudgeDevlin

Been playing Call of Duty: Black Ops alot, trying to beat it on veteran and playing it online.

mogzilla

black ops but on casual ...

JudgeDevlin

Quote from: mogzilla on 27 July, 2011, 10:32:58 AM
black ops but on casual ...
For what console? I have it on PS3.