Main Menu

legal help

Started by Cyberleader2000, 05 June, 2014, 10:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

ok long story shot I'm haveing a dispute with a japnises shop and I need to know the consumer laws for japan does any one know where I can get them or what they are
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Banners

Is the dispute something serious, or just about a toy robot?

GrinningChimera

Give up. Trying to get something sorted in the same country is hard enough. Accept it, move on and don't deal with them again. It's not worth the effort.

Frank

Give them a nasty review and user rating on Amazon/Ebay/Whatever, then move on with your life.

TordelBack

Contacting these folks would be a decent starting point:  http://www.kokusen.go.jp/ncac_index_e.html

But while I won't make light of anyone else's plastic-tat obsession, I suspect you're on a hiding to nowhere if the 'dispute' is even mildly complex.  C'est la guerre, CL2K.

Fungus

Stick on a lizard costume and rampage through their city.

Cyberleader2000

well the problom is I paid £26 for this and it broke less than 20 seconds out of the box it was defetive complained to the shop they said they would replace it but want me to pay shipping the old one back pay for shipping the replacement and a small replacement fee see I think is way unfair

Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Banners

Deal with it. Do as they ask or buy a new one.

GrinningChimera

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 06 June, 2014, 09:13:23 AM
well the problom is I paid £26 for this and it broke less than 20 seconds out of the box it was defetive complained to the shop they said they would replace it but want me to pay shipping the old one back pay for shipping the replacement and a small replacement fee see I think is way unfair

Why did you take it out of the box??? It's not a toy!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Their offer seems fair to me, in the circumstances. The circumstances being that it is not a lot of money, and you'll end up wasting a lot of time and angst trying to fight a point of principle - with them likely to clam up and ignore you.

Why not suggest you keep the broken one - they can see the photos - and pay the fee for the delivery of the new one?

Lock up your spoons!

ZenArcade

'Never go to law' as the saying goes. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 June, 2014, 08:46:55 AM
Their offer seems fair to me, in the circumstances. The circumstances being that it is not a lot of money, and you'll end up wasting a lot of time and angst trying to fight a point of principle - with them likely to clam up and ignore you. Why not suggest you keep the broken one - they can see the photos - and pay the fee for the delivery of the new one?

Worth pointing out that Doc X is an actual lawyer.

GrinningChimera

ZenArcade

Shoot the Priests and the lawyers and we will have utopia.  ;)
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Islamic State of Iraq and Sauchie on 14 June, 2014, 09:17:26 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 June, 2014, 08:46:55 AM
Their offer seems fair to me, in the circumstances. The circumstances being that it is not a lot of money, and you'll end up wasting a lot of time and angst trying to fight a point of principle - with them likely to clam up and ignore you. Why not suggest you keep the broken one - they can see the photos - and pay the fee for the delivery of the new one?

Worth pointing out that Doc X is an actual lawyer.

Really, it's not worth pointing that out. Which, um, is why I didn't.
Lock up your spoons!