Main Menu

...WHAT CARTOON CHARACTERS DO YOU LIKE?...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 26 June, 2004, 10:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

Bow before the might of no-no jen...you cannot resist this comedy sidekicks adorability factor...MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!http://perso.wanadoo.fr/simonin/Ulysse31/01-personnages/principaux/nono_3.jpg">
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

VampiraJen

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beeks

lets just hope that stupid jamaican gungan doesn't get the same idea eh? lol!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

spicy_man1

Bucky O'Hare
Captain Planet(Earth, Fire, Wind Water, Heart, GOOOOO PLANET!)
Count Duckula (BLOOD - I'll get it!)
Cow and chicken

and one which I cant remember the name of but was about a cowboy who had the abilities of different animals and had a robot horse

Beeks

thundercats
He-Man
Sport Billy
Kum-Kum
groovy ghoulies
inch high private eye
touche turtle
rocky and bullwinkle
roger ramjet
catch the pidgeon
cities of gold
godzilla and godzuki

RyanKingo7

GrudAlmighty

"and one which I cant remember the name of but was about a cowboy who had the abilities of different animals and had a robot horse"

That was Bravestar! "Speed of a puma, strength of a bear!"

How come I can remember that but not quote passages of Shakespeare to 'woo' the 'laydeez', or remember to put my trousers on before going off to work? Gah!!

UZI 4U

"Ren and Stimpy, anyone?"  Yes please, though it never seems to be on these days. (Foxkids,Cartoon network,etc take note- believe it or not there are cartoons out there that don't involve psuedo-mythical japanese characters who can inexplicably fly, invoke monsters from a pack of crap playing cards and have big spiky haircuts). Other faves are old Tom and Jerry and old Pink Panther show, before they were made PC or had speech/canned laughter added. Wile E Coyote, why is this never on dammit! Whenever an old toon is on it's always Bugs fecking Bunny- the smug long eared git! Bring back Wile E (riding an ACME rocket sledge) NOW!  Honourable mention must also go to Beavis and Butthead, though their antics are uncomfortably close to those of mine and my best mate when we were about 13 yrs old. Oh, and yes PVS. Woody Woodpecker, how many generations has this unfunny twat managed to annoy I wonder.Feed him to Tom and Sylvester now please someone.
Yours insomniacly Jim.

House of Usher

The ones I admire as merchandisable properties: Dexter's Lab, Scooby Doo, Marvin the Martian, Ren and Stimpy, Stewie from Family Guy, Pinky and the Brain, Earthworm Jim, The Tick.

The cartoons I'd make time to watch: Dexter's Lab, Wacky Races, The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Futurama, Family Guy, Pinky and the Brain, Ulysses 31 (why not?), Home Movies, Baby Blues.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Nobody ever seems to remember Space Sentinels, though. From about the same time as the Tarzan cartoon and Battle of the Planets.

" The world's mightiest young heroes on a mission
to save the Universe!! "

Space Sentinels: Hercules, Astrea and Mercury using their "uncanny powers" to save mankind from deadly space invaders! Their computer was called S1, which had a giant baldy-man Wizard-of-Oz hologram face, and there was a Maintenance Operator robot as well (with telescopic limbs, I think).

Link: http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/spacsent.htm" target="_blank">Great web-link

STRIKE !!!

Tex Hex

For anyone who can catch it, the Astroboy cartoon is frickin great. Ten past four on a thursday. On the Beeb.

hex

ARRISARRIS

...i remember the Space Sentinals, took me ages a month or two back to do various web searches to find only minor details about this series, funny thing was i only ever remembered the title as the Sentinals, and discovered there was only 13 episodes, its like other classics you think theres many more, would love to see the missing Battle of the Planet ones...

JamieB

Lots and lots of 'em.

Special mentions:-

? The entire crew of SEALAB 2021, especially fat stupid dolphin kid

? Spike Spiegel (impossibly cool) and Ein (cutest cartoon dog EVAH) from COWBOY BEBOP

? Guts from BEZERK

? Arucard from HELLSING

? Mr. Thundercles, the next-door-death-robot from THE BRAK SHOW

??Incredible bad-ass Batman from JUSTICE LEAGUE (esp. S2)

? The Groovy Ghoulies

? Venger, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS' mono-horned sarong-sporting master of evil

? ZIM!

J-Bo-1

JamieB

Also: the entire ANIMANIACS axis of genius from mid-90s Warner Bros, i.e. ANIMS / FREAKAZOID / PINKY & THE BRAIN. ANIMANIACS gets the nod for GOODFEATHERS alone, utter brilliance!

Oh, and Haku from SPIRITED AWAY.

J-Bo-1

Mr C

Centurions rocked like hell.http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/centurions2.jpg">