Main Menu

...WHAT CARTOON CHARACTERS DO YOU LIKE?...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 26 June, 2004, 10:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieB

Wish I'd bought the Milk 'n' Cheese T-shirt that DEADLINE put out:

M: "Gin makes a man MEAN!"

C: "Everyone booze up and RIOT!"

Ah, happy, happy days. I really miss DEADLINE :(

J-Bo-1

Beeks

wasn't 'I needed that' from Frankie in the groovy ghoulies?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

JamieB

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!

(On reflection, it's possible that GROOVY GHOULIES was a UK retitle of DRAK PACK)

J-Bo-1

Dan Kelly

A quick google suggests that they were seperate entities (GG from the 70's, DP 80's).

However I don't conciously remember the former, but do the latter.  I thought the quote was Frankie...

I may be wrong

Dan

Beeks

groovy ghoulies and drac pack were completely different shows...I remember them both :)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

House of Usher

Yes, they were quite different. Groovy Ghoulies was a 'Laugh-in' format cartoon sketch show with musical numbers (e.g Frankie as 'Super Ghoul, he looks so cool, in his yellow cape and a polkadot vest...'), set in a very crowded haunted castle.

Drac Pack was a cartoon adventure series in which a team of hero monsters battled a team of villain monsters intent on taking over the world or just getting up to general badness.

Both of them were eminently watchable.
STRIKE !!!

Mr D

Anyone else see the ad for this in the newest meg?

Transformers is old news, but I didn't know this was coming out!

Link: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?searchtype=r2title&searchstring=bucky&page=search" target="_blank">In another time and SPACE

The Monarch

Sonic the hedgehog not the piss tom and jerryish version the rebels version