Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

And just to make sure Fox doesn't get out and raise merry hell we've locked down - seems a bit extreme!

The Monarch

oh yeah original name for carry on barton? carry on snuffin :lol:

Andrew_J

Fun episode. I enjoyed listening to Two Americans trying to wrap their heads around the concept of Carry On.
I'm back on board the Space Spinner wagon now, after a lapse of a few months. That's me in the stats, downloading the back episodes from Ireland.

Best of luck with the move to the Uk, Fox.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Andrew_J on 09 January, 2021, 09:25:32 PM
Fun episode. I enjoyed listening to Two Americans trying to wrap their heads around the concept of Carry On.
I'm back on board the Space Spinner wagon now, after a lapse of a few months. That's me in the stats, downloading the back episodes from Ireland.

Best of luck with the move to the Uk, Fox.
Welcome back! It's always the right time to get back into Space Spinner!

In our thrilling two hundred and thirty-seventh episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 724-727 of 2000AD, covering March & April 1991. This episode Robo-Hunter gets grim, Junker has a twist, Tao de Moto makes a deal, things get mysterious for Nemesis and Deadlock, and Judge Dredd is headed for the Emerald Isle!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and eighteenth episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1991 Sci-Fi Special of 2000AD. This special is built around the theme of Monsters, and had a bunch of thrills that fit that theme to varying degrees!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our mega sixth episode we continue our patrol through the world of Judge Dredd with the 1991 Judge Dredd Mega-Special. This episode we've got a mix of up and-coming new artists and authors combined with some classic and new work by master artist Ian Gibson!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

sheridan

Interesting take on Judge Planet - when I get to that stage my take will not be the same...

I think the appearance of a Tweak costume can be rationalised without Dredd having broken kayfabe. Imagine somebody arrives in your city during the midst of some panic-buying, carrying the vaccine to COVID. They're not the only one with the vaccine – a gorilla has also rocked up carrying a backpack of the stuff. Nobody knows the gorillas is a sentient creature that you've held conversations with, but that doesn't stop them dressing up for a fancy dress ball!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sheridan on 24 January, 2021, 12:24:28 PM
Interesting take on Judge Planet - when I get to that stage my take will not be the same...

I think the appearance of a Tweak costume can be rationalised without Dredd having broken kayfabe. Imagine somebody arrives in your city during the midst of some panic-buying, carrying the vaccine to COVID. They're not the only one with the vaccine – a gorilla has also rocked up carrying a backpack of the stuff. Nobody knows the gorillas is a sentient creature that you've held conversations with, but that doesn't stop them dressing up for a fancy dress ball!

That actually makes a lot of sense! I always forget that Tweak actually delivered a load of vaccine. I guess he'd be like a modern day Balto/Togo or something!

In our thrilling two hundred and thirty-ninth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 728-731 of 2000AD, covering April & May 1991. This episode we clear out a few thrills and hop into some I've been looking forward to, including Mean Machine and the return of Night Zero!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Lobo Baggins

"Robo-Hunter isn't funny"

Oh, don't worry - it never occurred to me that it was even supposed to be funny until someone described it as a 'comedy strip' well over a decade later on this forum.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

The Monarch

so close to the killing time now....soooo close

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: The Monarch on 26 January, 2021, 08:52:10 PM
We'll get one chapter of it next week!

The Monarch

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 27 January, 2021, 02:58:12 AM
Quote from: The Monarch on 26 January, 2021, 08:52:10 PM
We'll get one chapter of it next week!

That must mean it's already on the Patreon - shall have to check!

SpaceSpinner2000

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and fortieth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 732-735 of 2000AD, covering May & June 1991. This episode Mean Machine travels through time, Friday makes some new friends, Sam Slade closes his case as Tanner and Indigo Prime start new ones, and an old friend returns in Judge Dredd.

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify