Better set your phaser to stun.

James

You've changed your icon again.

zep

are they worth that?

Tu-plang

?25???

Thats $62.72 AUD!!

The fact that 40% of the voters are users of this site and don't know what the Digital Archives are says something about Rebellion's promotion of the item.  EVERYBODY should know what they are.  Tharg should have plugged them more than once at least.  Has he EVER metioned them?

Demon Chicken

Has anyone ever posted some sort of review of them?  I am tempted to buy them, but not if the quality isn't any good?

opaque

Telephone book sized Akira books are always being mentioned and I think the Digital Archive is one area I would agree with that idea.
The Digital Archives sound nice but really at the bottom of my list of must-haves atm.

zep

John Caliber

The DA are too expensive for what are only reprints and don't have an attractive novelty of colour inserts replicating the covers and centrespreads. As digital copying [print to order] is touted to be reasonably inexpensive, I don't understand why these cost so much.

Why not just print them on nice, pristine white paper stock - something slightly better than newsprint - and publish in softcover? Have twenty progs per book instead of 10.

Look how long the old 1970s progs have lasted; with care, they'll be around in another twenty years, and at the moment I'd rather have them in 2023 than overpriced digital archives.

- John
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Oddboy

Tu-Plang - they were heavily publicised on this site when they first came out, but they had huge problems with the printers & many people were waiting a long time for their orders, eventually only the first 2 books came out (there were three volumes originally available) & Tharg went a bit quiet over the whole thing!

They're a very good way of getting back issues if you're not too fussed about owning the originals (although, yes-having colour in the colour pages would have been much better).

Either way I'd like to see this series succeed.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tu-plang

Ah.  Printer problems, I remember now.

Doesn't excuse 25 quid though.

James

You've changed your icon again.

Again.

(Or was I seeing things first time)?

Valhalla

I think the digital archives should bloody well be digital.

You should be able to get it on CDrom with scans of the prog.

still couldn't justify 25 pounds unless they used the disc to its full potential and whacked loads of progs on each disc.

Val.

Tu-plang

"You've changed your icon again."

Unless I'm very much mistaken this is the only icon I've ever had.

IndigoPrime

I'd also have liked a digital run, rather than buying a load of books, seeing as I simply don't have room for the latter. Oh well...

Pyroxian

Well - I'd _like_ to have old progs in a GN format - easier to store on the shelves etc...

But ?25 - that's ?2.50 a prog?? And no colour? (And no space spinner / bionic transfers too I'd wager...)

Steve