Main Menu

Mark Millar looking for 'undiscovered' artists

Started by pauljholden, 25 February, 2010, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In Orbit Every Monday

Done. Finally.

Good luck one and all.

Ol

....and Radiator you did right by posting up.

Peter Wolf

I just got the confirmation email.

I am probably flattering myself for even submitting art as an amateur but it is an open invitiation but i am having some second thoughts about submitting anything because i have certain limitations in the drawing of human characters department and i am not sure that i could deliver the goods if asked apart from one off landscapes or backgrounds.Plus the fact that i am still really still learning to ink successfully but improving all the time especially lately.

I feel i have something different to offer compared to what i have seen of the submitted artwork so far in terms of style and detail but what i dont want to do is waste anyones time.

I have never attempted to do sequential work either.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

mygrimmbrother

Just give it a shot Peter, you've nowt to lose!

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Sorry lads, I'm going to have to disappoint you all. I'm going to upload the following image to Millar's little compo which he just won't be able to resist. Well, you all tried, that's the main thing...

See you at the Eisner Awards!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Colin YNWA

Mike Gloady

Pete's won.  Go home everyone, nothing to see here.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Matt Timson on 03 March, 2010, 11:36:04 AM
Apart from his front teeth...
:cool:

Its true because if i did submit something and it was chosen i would feel very uneasy about it and i would feel that it was undeserved considering there are others who are professionals who are far more competent or capable than i am.

IF i do submit anything i am going to make it VERY clear what my position is so that there are no misunderstandings.

I dont have any artwork already finished as all my time has been spent copying panels and pages in order to learn an inking style using brushes [so that brushwork becomes fluid] so i have nothing original to show at present.I dont have a blogsite devoted to art and the truth is i havent developed my own style as yet so i feel out of my depth.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kev Levell

Quote from: Mark Millar
Guys,

This has been awesome. Am stunned at some of the art here and love the diversity of styles. I'm actually now going to be using more than one person, I think, and will chew over these samples once I'm back from the US press junket. Even if you're not used now others will see your work here and hopefully get in touch. I have two guys in mind at the moment from this and in June will be in touch once I finalize things. I'm going to make a formal announcement then and we can get working together on the project, but there's actually other people in here I'd like to work with in the future too.

A brilliant thread and massively worthwhile. Well done to all.

MM

I thought you'd all be interested in this update!

Matt Timson

People posting more than three pieces was really starting to get on my tits by the end- especially the guy who posted links only and was asked to post three pieces of work instead. Needless to say, this simple act of counting was completely beyond him.

Arsegyke...
Pffft...

SuperSurfer

People who can't size up pictures should be banned from posting images on message boards. What a wind up.

Glad to see 2000AD boarders having a go. Good luck.