Main Menu

"...and have an A-1 day."

Started by Graff Vynda K, 30 August, 2013, 12:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I watched it, so it's finally safe to go on the internet again. [spoiler]I liked that Skinny Pete and Badger came out on top. Hunnerd grand each.[/spoiler]
You may quote me on that.

Dodsy

A brilliant finale to a brilliant series.

Now I think it's time for a marathon re-watch.
Twitter - @dodsy84

radiator

Yes I agree that it was a brilliant ending to an excellent series. One last display of a load of writers flawlessly performing crazy acrobatics to write themselves out of the tightest corners imaginable. As with the rest of the series, there were a few moments where I had to give my suspension of disbelief a thorough workout, but everything about the production is so strong and performed with such heart it's ultimately irresistible. I think my lasting impression is - they pulled it off, they didn't drop the ball. They didn't cheap out on their fans and they gave almost everything a satisfying point of closure and tied everything up in a bow. I was genuinely moved to see [spoiler]the actual demise of Walter White[/spoiler] - my girlfriend was in tears from about halfway through the episode.

One of the all time greats, for sure.

radiator

Dodsy

Quote from: radiator on 01 October, 2013, 01:28:35 PM
I was genuinely moved to see [spoiler]the actual demise of Walter White[/spoiler] - my girlfriend was in tears from about halfway through the episode.

Same here, I began to get chocked up when I realised [spoiler] that despite me not believing it could end any other way for Walt that it was finally happening[/spoiler].
The only other finale to get me like that (probably more so) was Six Feet Under.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Richmond Clements

radiator

I notice the "the ending was all a dream" brigade are banging on about the Breaking Bad finale.

What a load of twaddle - you could pose that theory about literally anything. It wasn't true with the ending of The Dark Knight Rises, it's not true in this case either.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I did like the ending but it seemed a little too tidy, especially for a show so unpredictable.

[spoiler]The only reason Walt doesn't get shot by the Nazi's is so Jack can prove to him that he's not Jesse's partner, was to me a bit weak. The actual gun scene was pretty cool though. [/spoiler]

radiator

As I said, the show has always required viewers to swallow some pretty credibility-straining plot twists and contrivances - this episode was no different.

I've also heard that complaint about the ending being 'too perfect' - but they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they had left it more vague people would be moaning about that too.

Personally I think it's nice to get a decent sense of closure - which most high-concept shows duck out of doing.

Graff Vynda K

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 02 October, 2013, 05:19:48 PM
I did like the ending but it seemed a little too tidy, especially for a show so unpredictable.

[spoiler]The only reason Walt doesn't get shot by the Nazi's is so Jack can prove to him that he's not Jesse's partner, was to me a bit weak. The actual gun scene was pretty cool though. [/spoiler]

I think they established Uncle Jack and his crew were pretty hardcore Ayran Brotherhood prison gang; and having served time togther, I'm assuming that they would also be pretty hardcore on snitches and personal honour etc etc.

[spoiler]What didn't work for me was the 'stray bullet', which seemed to be only way to get Walter to die on cue..[/spoiler]

Richmond Clements

Read a great comment on Twitter saying that anyone who thought this episode was far fetched has obviously not watched the previous 61 episodes...

Graff Vynda K

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 02 October, 2013, 07:29:44 PM
Read a great comment on Twitter saying that anyone who thought this episode was far fetched has obviously not watched the previous 61 episodes...

Magnets, bitch!

radiator

Quote from: Graff Vynda K on 02 October, 2013, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 02 October, 2013, 05:19:48 PM

I think they established Uncle Jack and his crew were pretty hardcore Ayran Brotherhood prison gang; and having served time togther, I'm assuming that they would also be pretty hardcore on snitches and personal honour etc etc.

[spoiler]What didn't work for me was the 'stray bullet', which seemed to be only way to get Walter to die on cue..[/spoiler]

'Stray bullet'? Erm, you've heard of ricochets, yes?

JOE SOAP