Main Menu

Forget 2000AD Number 2, lets talk Bionic Stickers

Started by Tarantino, 21 October, 2002, 04:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

I know I keep drawing attention to this but I'm pissed off, I just bid on a sheet of bionic stickers that were originally given away free with 2000AD No 2. I went out tonight but my final bid before I left was ?102.50. I was confident that no one would out bid me, but when I got home.........see the link below.

Link: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=723936436" target="_blank">http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=723936436

Wake

Since Prog 2 seems to be worth ?50ish by itself, and ?150+ with the stickers, I'm not that surprised they went for about the ?100 mark.

Wake

W. R. Logan

bloody crazy!!

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Jayzus B. Christ

I hope whoever buys them manages to successfully fool his friends into thinking he's a cyborg.
Bit of waste of money otherwise.

Jayzus B. Christ

I hope whoever buys them manages to successfully fool his friends into thinking he's a cyborg.
Bit of waste of money otherwise.

karne

Think positive thoughts, you may have lost out on the stickers but you saved ?102.50. Other readers may like to suggest items you could spend your savings on, I think small mammals is a nice idea.

There may be a moral to this tale, but funt me if I know what it is.

Devons Daddy

i tried to be honest i did, seventy quid and i was willing to go higher, but i had this whole wife thing going on, and how i would explain it all away,
 110 pounds sounds a bit much, but then again when we see it at sothebys in thirty years being bought by some african bank for investment purposes, we will all be kicking ourselves,
( maybe, or it could all go dot.com) only time will tell.

is it worth the money? for some stickers,
to me yes i would enjoy to frame it and place in the music room, as a piece of my personal collection of tooth related items, i spent over sixty pounds sterling haveing my childhood teddy cleaned and treated and then framed. so i think this is  reasonable.a prog 2 with the stickers would have a certain value to many of us personally, not so much a comercail one. though that may or may not change in years to come.

im currently buying up the first ten progs on ebay, for framing as a two piece set, it has a certain value to me personally. its not about the potentail value.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tarantino

"Since Prog 2 seems to be worth ?50ish by itself, and ?150+ with the stickers, I'm not that surprised they went for about the ?100 mark."

I think Wake is way off the mark with the price for number two on it's own, crap copies go for around ?70 - ?80. I saw one recently at over ?70 although I did not see the final bid but it was in very poor condition. A mint condition sells for closer to ?200 and with the free gift I have seen it sell several times on ebay for around ?370. It does not make sense that the gift is worth twice as much as the comic. The value in number two is that it has the first appearence of Judge Dredd, the free gift only make the comic complete.

Devons Daddy might say that he bought it purely for sentimential reasons but if the current wave of Dredd merchandise and promotion takes off and the video game is a success and the next two films are made, then you will se the price of a number two with free gift hit the ?1,000 mark in no time at all, just like X-Men 94 did after the success of the X-Men movie. And if you have numbers 1, 2 & 3 with the free gift you'll be going into work on Monday morning and telling the boss where to stick his job!!!!

Watch out Devons Daddy next time a number two with or without the free gift comes on the market I'll be bidding high and then selling on to the first African Bank who comes my way.

Wake

Show me an auction where Prog 2 without a free gift has gone for over ?100 in any condition.

Wake

Jared Katooie

Nah, you're spot on Wakester. ?150.00 or thereabouts is about right. Maybe nearer to ?120.00 but certainly not ?80.00. Oddly enough action conics 1 was about ?250.00 so 2K must be more popular than I suspected.

Ja Ka.

" While we were resetting you're bones and replacing you're blood we helped ourselves to a kidney. "

Wake

Digging through my past emails, I've found a few hammer prices for Prog 2:

Sept, 02 - US$73.52 eBay #713060571
Sept, 02 - ?295   eBay #2134116303 (with stickers)
Aug, 02 - ?370 eBay #2131703017 (with stickers)
July, 02 - ?52    eBay #2115772983
July, 02 - ?27.56 eBay #2119789183 (VG)
June, 02 - ?310.01 eBay #2110729716 (with stickers)
Apr, 01 - ?47.55  eBay #1132262324 (VFN)
Apr, 00 - ?41     eBay #309600079 (VG)
Apr, 00 -  US$51    eBay #?
Sept, 99 - ?28    eBay #168985186 (VG)
Mar, 99 - ?28.02  ESwap

Unfortunately, I don't have any information about issues with the free gifts going for ?150, though I'm certain this used to be the case before this year.

Wake

Devons Daddy

sad to say wake
you may well eat those words in the months to come.
i reckon we are about to see over 100 sterling being paid for prog 2 very soon.

lets face it guys the club 534 is not going to dredd con 2020 in limo like those of us who are not allowed to jion as we have progs 1 and 2.
:~)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

I am not saying that the price won't go up in the future. A successful Judge Dredd film would certainly inflate them somewhat. However, I see no evidence that prog 2 is currently worth closer to ?100 than ?50 without the biotronic stickers.

Wake

Wake

I found another one:

Feb, 00 - $75 eBay #261921641

The one that Tarantino mentions about did end on ?70, so higher than any of the ones I've found...but it's condition was at least VG.

Wake

Jared Katooie

Oh wait, no. Wrong. That's the word. You're wrong. Sorry.

I could be wrong I guess...

J.