Main Menu

Forget 2000AD Number 2, lets talk Bionic Stickers

Started by Tarantino, 21 October, 2002, 04:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ped

Seems that there is no way of telling what you will get - i guess its advertising at just the right time and a lot of luck with bidders!http://www.2000adonline.com/images/wallpaper/jockdredd_thumb.jpg">

Devons Daddy

you won the aution ped?
well then well done,
i dont mind to lose to another boarder. enjoy.
going to get them framed up?
full glass both sides looks superb on  a plain wall background.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

ok
there is a prog 2 on ebay about to hit 100 pounds sterling. its at 96 as i write with 1 hour to go.
i have pulled out as i consider that to be madness. i dont know how to do the link but its worth noting,
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

Do you mean the torn copy at ?62 (US$ 96) that you are still the high bidder for?

Personally, I'd value that copy at closer to ?25, but the seller (passion8uk) has made the grade and clear in his description.

Wake

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=727026763&rd=1" target="_blank">Prog 2

Ped

Thanks DD, i was lucky that time! Well that iss. 2 has just gone for ?112.59!!!! that IS madness, i just hope the condition was worth it.

Wake

Sorry DD. I didn't spot that one. I thought you were talking about the copy you just won.

I notice that the second highest bidder was Tarantino (discarray) who started this thread, and therefore carried the high bid above ?100.

Wake

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=728860552" target="_blank">Prog 2 FN/VFN

Tarantino

Whatever you are trying to imply Wake, I did'nt take it to over ?100, I may have bid just over ?100 but mampangfortress(9)had already logged a bid of ?112. I certainly did'nt bid over ?100 for a comic just to make my point about this thread. I made my bid because it was a rare great condition issue of prog 2 and was certainly worth the final bid, if my budget stretched that far I would have bid more.

This is not to say that the final bid did'nt help to make my point. Also the other prog 2 which in my opinion (and my grading system) was a very poor condition copy, sold for over ?60. This just puts the lie to your theory that prog 2 is worth ?50 and with the stickers ?150.

If you are lucky enough to find prog 2 in perfect mint condition and by some miracle it has the free gift then you are looking at close to ?400. I know a copy went recently with free gift for ?155 but it was not mint and it was still cheap, I realize Wake used this as an example to try and prove his point but Devons Daddy said that he was willing to pay more but the auction ended, I was toying with the idea but the misses wants a new hat!

Face it Wake, all of us who have prog 2 in mint condition and with free gift are sitting on a gold mine, role on the Judge Dredd movies......

Devons Daddy

LETS NOT  BE HARSH HERE CHAPS
i got my prog 2 for 62 sterling.i am pleased to have it.im not a  reseller and for me i will frame it and enjoy having it on the wall.

to the the chap that got the good condition copy for 112. well done i say, i hope you to are pleased as i am about your win,
wake i value your input and agree with your feeling about worth only 25 sterling to you.but for me i was willling to pay and did not feel i have over payed.

but lets face it, the value is going up fast. check out any net shop. if you get lucky with a reasonable price, well done.
bid what you think is reasonable and enjoy it.
let the big boys argue the price.
im a sad comic fan boy and proud to be one.
this is my second copy of prog 2,
im almost complete on a fully framed set of 1-10
in two sets of five,im proud of it and it to me was worth every penny i spent.
lets not argue here though eh!

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Leigh S

"Face it Wake, all of us who have prog 2 in mint condition and with free gift are sitting on a gold mine, role on the Judge Dredd movies......"

Well, you might be if the films are a massive success, but haven't we been here before?  As a fan who also collects to the point of obsession, I still cant find it in me to take this attitude, no matter how true it might be. I've got a prog 2 that I picked up for ?15 ten years ago. The film could make that worth ?1500 and I still wouldnt sell it for the world, so its value is inconsequential - if anything, I'd prefer it to be cheaper, just in case the high costs of collecting those early issues puts other people off.  Obviously if I had more than one copy I might be smiling, but the idea of hoarding issues also doesnt sit well, as again, someone out there is probably after it, so who am I to be sitting on multiple copies?

The problem with ebay is that all it takes is 2 people willing to pay over the odds to totally inflate peoples expectations of the price of something.  For example, There may be 10 people in the world willing or can afford to pay over ?300 for prog 2 and stickers. By now a few of those people have already got them, and once all ten have got them, the value reverts back to normal levels.

Unless of course those ten people are buying up every copy at these prices, which would be an act of utter insanity!

Heres another example:  The Judgement Day graphic novel on ebay recently went for something like 90 pounds IIRC.  DXB picked up a copy at the Manchester comics con for a tenner (possibly less). Ebay is a good way to get top dollar for your items as a seller, if you are lucky enough to be selling at the right time. As a buyer, its a great place for bargains and getting rare stuff that never shows up elsewhere - Personally, if I was looking for another prog 2, I'd just go to comic marts - its not rare - there are probably almost as many prog 2s around as last weeks prog - in fact itwouldnt surprise me if it were easier to find prog 2 on sale than it is prog 1200! :)  

Devons Daddy

- its not rare - there are probably almost as many prog 2s around as last weeks prog - in fact it wouldnt surprise me if it were easier to find prog 2 on sale than it is prog 1200! :)

you sure about that???
but what is it worth, to a reseller, a $$$$$ value. thats wakes angle perhaps.
(no offence wake in anyway meant by that)
but to many of us, you and i and ped i believe to name a couple.
its worth so much more.
you cant explain, it just is.

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Leigh S

Devon - in terms of ebay and comics shops, I tend to see the very early progs about as often as I see the later progs - remember that the print run of early progs was presumably much much higher than the print run of todays progs

As you say, you cant put a $$$ value on the prog  - Its worth what youre willing to pay for it - I just question the idea of buying the prog because you potentially can make money out of it rather than the enjoyment it might give you - OK making money out of it might make you happy, but its at the expense of the guy who wants to enjoy it for what it is! :)