Main Menu

2000 AD At Comic Con 2010

Started by Robo-K33F, 07 July, 2010, 12:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

To start the panel, Keith Richardson asked who was a long time fan of "2000AD," to which nearly everyone in the room raised a hand. He then asked who had never read it, and a ten year old boy up front raised his hand, one of the few who did....

...As everyone filed out of the room, Keith Richardson ran off the stage and down to the front row. He went up to the 10-year-old boy who had raised his hand at the beginning of the panel, handed him a copy of "ABC Warriors: The Meknificent Seven" and told him to take it for free. The boy grabbed it, smiling, and began flipping through it immediately.

Nice!

Colin YNWA

QuoteAt that, the panel concluded and the creators were applauded off stage. As everyone filed out of the room, Keith Richardson ran off the stage and down to the front row. He went up to the 10-year-old boy who had raised his hand at the beginning of the panel, handed him a copy of "ABC Warriors: The Meknificent Seven" and told him to take it for free. The boy grabbed it, smiling, and began flipping through it immediately.

Arhh how nice is that...

..except judging by what was said earlier in the article I can only assume that Old One Eye came along and ate the young chap!

SmallBlueThing

Mills talked about how there's no pressure to continue strips in 2000AD once they end, and he often takes years to find the perfect artist before starting a new volume of a popular strip. For example, mentioning again "Flesh," which has taken him 30 years to continue, will begin again in the near future after finally finding the right artist.

May I be the first to punch the air and holler in glee? Do we know who the new artist is yet?

SBT

Colin YNWA

das

did anyone record the panel ???

Confusion is Better Than Sex

COMMANDO FORCES

Did you get a top, or is that a generic pic from somewhere and you are tricking us  ;)

James Stacey

and more importantly are there any left?

das

my friend andy who edits tripwire got me one !!

COMMANDO FORCES

My contact came through for me, I have this beauty in my hands and I'm very impressed. The yellow 2000AD logo on the back rounds it off perfectly  :D

Judge Olde

so what was the correct year 2101 or 2100? It does indeed look like a very nice tshirt. I'm still waiting for my long sleeved shirt from when I got a letter published way back when in The Meg. I've moved since then, but I'm sure the postie will know where to send it on to. Never give up hope, eh.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: radiator on 26 July, 2010, 03:30:11 PM
To start the panel, Keith Richardson asked who was a long time fan of "2000AD," to which nearly everyone in the room raised a hand. He then asked who had never read it, and a ten year old boy up front raised his hand, one of the few who did....

...As everyone filed out of the room, Keith Richardson ran off the stage and down to the front row. He went up to the 10-year-old boy who had raised his hand at the beginning of the panel, handed him a copy of "ABC Warriors: The Meknificent Seven" and told him to take it for free. The boy grabbed it, smiling, and began flipping through it immediately.

Nice!

And that 10 year old boy was me!

Hooray! Free Trade!!!

stacey

Mr Mills just tweeted this:

"Flesh returns! Dinosaur artist James McKay just green lit by 2000AD! It took 30years to find the right successor to the brilliant Ramon Sola"

das

and i might have a spare shirt........

COMMANDO FORCES

I only needed the one  ;)

I reckon you should ask who wants one and watch the begging letters flood in :'(