Main Menu

Scary Games

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 25 February, 2008, 01:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

Quote from: Link Prime on 16 January, 2014, 05:36:55 PM
Slender would be a good choice.

For me; 'Silent Hill 4: The Room' (PS2).
Actually much scarier than the others with the inclusion of free-floating ghosts (which, if memory serves,  cannot be conventionally harmed- just ran from).

Anyone who's played the game through will remember that moment when you look through the hole in the wall to the apartment next door.

Silent Hill 4 is a bit of a mixed bag for me. The bits set inside 'The Room' itself were very well executed, and did (for me) manage to instill a deep sense of trepidation. But I found the 'outside' sections a bit bland.
It's far scarier than number 3 which was pretty much an action-fest with very little in the way of scares.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Link Prime

Quote from: NapalmKev on 16 January, 2014, 05:42:14 PM
The bits set inside 'The Room' itself were very well executed, and did (for me) manage to instill a deep sense of trepidation.

That was a key point I forgot to mention Kev; [spoiler]'The Room' is your sanctuary throughout the majority of the game. The part that got me was that upon a later return from the outside world, 'The Room' was infested by ghosts. There was literally nowhere to go or hide.[/spoiler]
That's the kinda thrill that makes a good horror game.

Theblazeuk

I used to play that game with my ex. Supposedly we'd take it in turns but she was too terrified and cackhanded when the ghosts came, so it was more I played and she offered advice/screamed and hid when things happened.

ThryllSeekyr

Did I mention Doom Three when it was first out....

Play it in a old creepy house during the night with the blanket over your head they said.