Main Menu

Fleetway Files - The next step for Hibernia Comics

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 November, 2020, 08:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I'm indecently excited about this. Over on Facebook David McDonald of Hibernia Comics has annouced 'The Fleetway Files'.

QuoteThe Fleetway Files is a new series from Hibernia in association with The Treasury of British comic which aims to present the very best of Fleetway comics and build it into a great library collection.
The collections will be numbered  have a similar trade dress, and for all you spine fans, there will be consistency!

'The Angry Planet' will be the first in the Fleetway Files series, with the 'Indestructible Man' by Jesus Blasco following up in the new year, and all releases after will continue the numbering.

If there is any requests for future collections I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Preferably the stories will be self contained and under 100 pages, although we are open to spreading over two volumes.

Get your suggestions in - I know many have already. Masive congratutions to David and I think credit to Rebellion for recognising the magnificent work he has done keeping the interest in British comics arhieve alive for so long while few others where.

https://www.facebook.com/HiberniaComics

Link Prime

TordelBack

AlexF

Gosh, I don't know nearly enough about non-2000AD comics to make suggestions, but dead excited to get an Angry Planet collection. I'm bracing myself for it to be not-amazing, but with the pedigree of the Meltdown Man creative team I've long wanted to read it! Just not enough to try to put together a collection of Tornado.

On that note, I am curious to see what early Wolfie Smith was like - is it better than the 2000AD run? (which I actually like, but think could've been better)

The Amstor Computer

Suggestions for future collections are very welcome! Work wrapped on Angry Planet a wee while back and it should be ready for release soon, and I'm busy processing raw scans of The Indestructible Man for David right now (must be the only comic where an immortal former captain of the Royal Cavalry under Pharaoh Rameses II takes on a robot reindeer!) so it's the perfect time to bombard him with ideas for what you'd like to see next  :D

Richard

Bolt-01

Well, bloomin' ada! This is great news!

Total respect to David and Amstor - the work involved in these books is remarkable.

The Monarch

sadly the one thing i would kill for cannot happen due to rights issues. reprints from sonic the comic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Richard on 27 November, 2020, 09:56:28 AM
A The Best of Oink! anthology!

Seconded... I loved Oink!; it was my gateway drug to Viz.   Also contained Charlie Brooker's first professional work.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Monarch on 27 November, 2020, 12:26:23 PM
sadly the one thing i would kill for cannot happen due to rights issues. reprints from sonic the comic
Although who knows? It depends where the rights lie, but Sega has historically been quite open to licensing.

Colin YNWA

Bloody hell they ain't messaging about - Angry Planet is out and available to buy already!

http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/store/products/the-angry-planet-great-britain-and-worldwide-shipping/

(there is an option for Ireland and Northern Island as well - http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/)

As ever with Hibernia - instabuy!

The Amstor Computer

Thanks for sharing, Colin! We'd hoped to get it released sooner, but lockdown slowed things down early in the year, then the repro work turned out to be a bit more time-consuming than expected. The printers did a great job of turning the project around quickly after receiving the files though.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks of this one - Tornado's printing and paper stock was a tough beast to deal with and I hope we've done Massimo's art justice in the processing and clean-up!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Well, mine is ordered and despite having all of Tornado upstairs in a box, I couldnt turn down the chance to a) have all of Angry Planet on the shelf between two covers and b) support one of my favourite smaller publishers.

Besides, i want to get on your good side so you will perhaps think of me favourably when i start bombarding you with pleas to reprint all of Rat Trap.

SBT

Colin YNWA

I want them to reprint Rat Trap now. I've never heard of it but seen you talk with such passion about it I'm really keen to see it!

Colin YNWA

Just done a quick Google and

QuoteIn the hands of the Doctor a roll of sticky tape became a useful weapon!

Yep reprint this! It looks ace.