Main Menu

2000AD Forum Sketch Competition #3: ENTRIES THREAD

Started by Jim_Campbell, 02 April, 2021, 11:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

And what rough comp, its hour come round at last, slouches toward the forum to be born...?

Why, it's the third monthly sketch comp! This time out, it's SIDEKICKS

Last month's winner, Dark Jimbo explains:

Sidekicks! They're the last word in loyalty, but they don't always get as much of the limelight as they deserve. From Wulf and the Gronk to Walter and Maria; from Ro-Jaws to Ukko, Purity Brown to Venus Bluegenes; to Dredd's whole supporting cast of Judges and Dante's Romanov siblings, there should be plenty to choose from! Approach the brief however you want, but let's give a little love to the B-teams!

You've had a week to get your thinking caps on, now you have one week to get your sketches in. The competition will close to entries end-of-day Friday April 9th.

You can render your entries in the medium of your choice, and you can enter as many times as you want, but please don't spend more than 45 minutes on each sketch.*

There will be a GLITTERING PRIZE for the winning entry. As well as getting to choose the theme for Sketch Comp #4, the winner will receive a randomly selected graphic novel from my Terrifyingly Tall Mountain of Comps™, and a signed Nick Percival print of Ol' Stoney Face hisself thanks to the generosity of Colin YNWA.

Get sketching, folks!

*Abandoned attempts don't count, so you can take as many stabs at getting an idea right as you need, and no one is standing over you with a stopwatch, but the 45 minutes starts when pencil/pen/crayons/fingers hit paper on the version you want to submit.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

To kick us off, here's a 40-ish minute Ukko — the usual brush pens and ProMarkers.

Tomwe

Afternoon all and happy Good Friday. I got these done yesterday, both clocking in at 40mins. I decided to go old school physical media this time out with fine liners, copic shades & a sharpie.

Look forward to seeing who else gets featured!

Entry 1) Feral the stront. I was always a fan & disliked the way he was dispatched by Wagner & Ezquerra.

Entry 2) The Gronk! This one is more recognisable, and I was getting into the groove.

Jim_Campbell

Woolly

Bolt-01

Tomwe - that Gronk shot is gorgeous. The look of joy is priceless.

Trooper McFad

What a start Guys - this will be a keenly fought comp. can't wait to see what appears over the next few days👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Oh I see... so its going to be like that again is it... well another competition where from those early entries its already looking like a nightmare to select a winner. All we need now is someone to come along and post a picture of Kid Knee... nah no one would ever do that would they...

Anyway here's my first, hope for a couple more before we are done...

Bolt-01

Tomwe

Thanks Bolt-01 & Jim! Loving the Cleaner look, Colin

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Woolly on 02 April, 2021, 03:26:01 PM
Not really a sidekick, but close enough...

He's mad as hell, and he's not gonna take it any more! :)

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

This thread is already everything I hoped it would be when I picked the theme! ❤️
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

EDIT - don't mind me, just trying to post something here. Anyone know how to make a pic look a bit smaller when I post it on this thread?  Mine always look huge!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"