Main Menu

Not sure if it's me or the prog...

Started by Steve Green, 04 July, 2017, 07:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 05 August, 2017, 09:35:53 PM
Quote from: Richard on 05 August, 2017, 09:19:49 PM
Mind Wars was good. Hopefully the Treasury of British Comics will get round to introducing it to a new generation at some point.
True - my favourite work by Jesus Redondo, an opinion shared with the man himself (as he revealed at the 40th).
Closely followed by Nemesis Book II, and then that Future Shock by Alan Moore, you know the one...

Richard

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 06 August, 2017, 12:14:36 AM
The Time Machine?
I did realise after I wrote that, that:
a) I meant Time Twisters, not Future Shocks
b) there were at least two, both of which were excellent (first about a ex-convict killing an old woman, stealing her car and driving through a post-apocalyptic landscape, before stopping for a familiar face, second the one you mentioned, about a scientist who ruined his life trying to discover the secret of time travel)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sheridan on 06 August, 2017, 09:57:10 PM
...first about a ex-convict killing an old woman, stealing her car and driving through a post-apocalyptic landscape, before stopping for a familiar face...

Ring Road

Richard

TordelBack

Quote from: Richard on 07 August, 2017, 03:47:22 PM
Which prog please?

320, at the very start of the First Summer of Love (for me(of 2000AD)).  35 years on that story still gives me the chills. Something about the way Redondo draws those terrifying shapes looming out of the murk, and the dreadfully trusting face of the old lady... Absolutely brilliant on every level.

AlexF

QuoteZombie hunter wages secret war against magic-powered ruling elite in 17th London.

I know it's just a typo but it makes me wonder if the idea of a secret history of 16 former Londons is the sort of thing Ian Edginton could build yet another multi-book saga out of.

And then tie it in to Stickleback somehow at the end.

This is a crazy thread to dip in an out of after a few days' break, the conversation tacks more than a sailing boat on the Irish Sea.*

But the consensus seems to be that the Prog is still good, it's just 'you', whoever the original 'you' was.
Strong agree!

*I have never run a sailing boat or crossed the Irish Sea, in case that's not obvious.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 10 August, 2017, 05:40:51 PM
This is a crazy thread to dip in an out of after a few days' break, the conversation tacks more than a sailing boat on the Irish Sea.*

Even when disagreeing wildly with the opinions, this thread has never been less than fascinating reading!
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 August, 2017, 06:46:51 PM

Even when disagreeing wildly with the opinions, this thread has never been less than fascinating reading!

Ahem to that. Another example of how even though this place can get its knickers in a twist now and again normally it's full of interesting, insightful and reflective folks.

Hugs all round.

SIP

QuoteZombie hunter wages secret war against magic-powered ruling elite in 17th London.

I know it's just a typo but it makes me wonder if the idea of a secret history of 16 former Londons is the sort of thing Ian Edginton could build yet another multi-book saga out of.

And then tie it in to Stickleback somehow at the end.

But the consensus seems to be that the Prog is still good, it's just 'you', whoever the original 'you' was.
Strong agree!

*I have never run a sailing boat or crossed the Irish Sea, in case that's not obvious.

I'm not the instigating "you", but I am of the "you" faction........and I did suspect it was "me" all along.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly