Main Menu

Write Judge Dredd. Get printed. Win a Lawgiver!

Started by Molch-R, 25 April, 2012, 03:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

OK mine's away...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My e-mail did send an without attachment first though...  quite how I have no idea (because obviously I attached it before sending, thankfully it gave an error message - but sent it anyway)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

WhitBloke

Total failure to redraft on my part so I can say this with utter sincerity: good luck all you entrants.  Quite looking forward to seeing the three that get in.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Alski

I forgot, so the whole thing has been done this afternoon. I think I've been writing too many scriots, as it's all very dialogue heavy.

Good story though, very classic Dredd.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

The Monarch

good luck to everyone who entered. Wish I could have but those Dante things don't write themselves :lol:

Bat King

Just realised that there wasn't anything in the blurb saying when winners will be announced...

OK, yeah, not today obviously... I assume it depends on the number of entries.  3000 2000 word stories would take a while to judge. (here's hoping there aren't 3000 entries)
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mr.Fastrope

Maybe another contest :( I'm not a senior reader. Need few years :) And yeah good luck to who entered story..

WhitBloke

Quote from: Dark Bat King on 24 May, 2012, 10:26:21 PM
Just realised that there wasn't anything in the blurb saying when winners will be announced...

You entrants do know that it's Strontium71 that's picking the winner, right?  It's part of his Tharg-For-A-Day prize after winning the Kapow competition.  Bribery ahoy!

Please note: the poster may or may not be (but is) talking out of his exhaust flume and has no idea what Strontium71's duties as Tharg-For-A-Day will be... apart from being deservedly envied, of course.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

a chosen rider

Quote from: Dark Bat King on 24 May, 2012, 10:26:21 PMJust realised that there wasn't anything in the blurb saying when winners will be announced...

OK, yeah, not today obviously... I assume it depends on the number of entries.  3000 2000 word stories would take a while to judge. (here's hoping there aren't 3000 entries)

I imagine that for a guide to how long it's going to take, you should probably look to the average turn-around time for Future Shock scripts.  Even if you assume there are only 100 entries and it takes five or six minutes to read and judge an entry, that's ten hours of reading that has to be fitted into spare moments around the full time job of producing the progs and megazine.  (And I should think there are more than 100 entries, but on the other hand, a fair percentage can probably be rejected in much less than five minutes due to failure to produce coherent English, obey the contest rules or demonstrate any knowledge of the comics whatsoever.  You'd be amazed.)

Never hold your breath over a story submission, it always takes way longer than you want to think it should.  :o  And most of the entries probably only arrived right on the closing date - I mean, look at the number of people just on this forum who left it till the last minute to get theirs in.  I'm sure they left the wiggle room of not specifying which issue the winning story would appear in for a reason; they probably don't have much of a benchmark for guessing how many submissions they're going to get for a contest like this.  Maybe Strontium71 could ask how many entries they got when he's Tharg-For-A-Day.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Bat King

I'd expect there to be quite a few entries...

Certainly not holding my breath, been a while since I wrote anything for anyone else to read (and finished it) so I am rusty & expect there are more than three better entries.

That said I am reasonably happy with my entry. Happy that I entered.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

strontium71

I was going to enter by re-jigging a failed submission to the Virgin range of novels back in the 90's. Like I told John , I have a fear of failure so didn't bother. Ironically , John was part of the re-jig which involved Dredd going back in time to apprehend a Mega-City rackateer (John) using stolen time technology to go back to Maidstone of the 20th century and store all the plastic tat in the Cellar for collection in the future. As Dredd is sneaking down the Cellar stairs , John , in full uniform , is just wrapping up his latest acquisition - a Judge Dredd themed garden ornament. As Dredd blows away the Jimp , he bellows ' No-one makes a rockery out of the Law! '
And that was it. All the preamble just to use that pun.
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

Tat  :rolleyes:

Okay I'll give you that and the pun  ;)

strontium71

I call everything I collect tat for some reason even though it's not. It's just the name has stuck for all kinds of collections  :lol:
...because I hate you.

Piratepete

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Piratepete

Quote from: Large48 on 16 June, 2012, 04:20:18 PM
Yes, CF's celler is officially full of tat.

hahaha excellent response. I was of course referring to the competition :)