Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD Prog 345: Strontium Dog vs Malak Brood!

Godzilla rad-traks and juve gangs, the age of the titans, a deal with the devil, the aftermath of a deal with a sorceror and all women are bad (if you're a genetic infantryman).

The Cramps - All Women are Bad

sheridan

2000AD Prog 346: The dinosaurs are in town! "Hold your fire!"

Dinosaurs in Mega-City One!  In cages!
Rogue, paralysed, captured and prone on the floor.
Sir Evric goes through a change and is taken away...
Sláine goes from being captured to being prone on the floor.
There's a theme in those stories...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 347: Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo & Judge Dredd "Lishen, judge – you're not gonna ⁝hic!⁝ believe thish...!"

More Ron Smith, more dinosaurs on the cover!
Things will get hairy for Sláine.
They're not looking that great for Sir Evric either.
Or for the pioneering human race.
Better for alis in the Gasbah though.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 348: A zarjaz christmas to all earthlets! "Rub-a-dub-dub.. um... three dictators in a tub!" "Ho, ho, ho!" The Dictators' family tree

Granville's plan hits a snag, Ukko gets in to the slave trade (to Sláine's displeasure), Sir Hargan attacks, there's another joggin' Time Twister and Rogue visits the past.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 349: Bad news for aliens in Nemesis the Warlock Book III "The arch deviant is defeated!"

Almost the opposite of a jumping-on prog, but for Sláine as (some) dinosaurs escape, gambling goes on, a cuckoo arrives in the nest, interstellar diplomacy turns out to be challenging and Rogue enters the time slip.

sheridan

Also, that pin-up of King Carlos!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 350: Tharg's 1984 calendar! Part One This Prog! D.R. & Quinch Go Straight! New Thrill!

Putting two-and-two together, it looks like I couldn't find 2000AD in local newsagents for nearly two months (I must have blanked the experience from my memory) as after a gap of buying as they came out I got a newsagent reservation with this prog!

Almost a jumping-on-prog, except for Sláine and the Shoggey Beast.

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 352: D.R. & Quinch go girl crazy! "I think I'm in l♡ve!" SKRAANG!

Sky Chariots and Girl Crazy begin while Colonel Kovert and the Killing continue.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 353: Simply light years ahead! Judge Dredd vs. Captain Strange and his Weird Boys! "Drokk! Firebomb!"

Dredd meets a pirate captain (not that one), Throt catches up with the enemy of his enemy, "ee-ouk!", Rogue goes underground and Wulf gets the sting in the tail.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 354: "Easy meat! The wounded walk in for treatment – and we finish them off!"

Tharg finishes work on the annuals (then starts on the sci-fi special?).  Sláine is really taking off, goodbye Chrysoprasia, hello Crazy Chryssie, Mega-City One has a mugging problem, Colonel Kovert flies Rogue away from the moon and Johnny asks the Despots for help.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 355: Slough Throt summons... the birds!

Sláine sees some prisoners - of course he knows them!  D.R. & Quinch are in the army now, which Sector are you in?  Torpor goes to pieces and the opponents are thinning out on Planet Zed!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 356: "I'll have the biggest NOSE in Mega-City One!" "Glad to hear it son. It's about time you had an interest in life!" Citizen Snork Part 1

Bulls and skyblades, sneakiness and temples, gliding and noses, slimy swamps and man-monsters, Marie Celeste and the Black Plague.  Rogue is taking a break.

Also, my internet access may be patchy for the next week, so I'll only schedule the next few posts when I know what's going on.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 357: 100 Judge Dredd games to be won – this prog! Invasion of the berserks! Sláine

The half-dead fight off sky blades, D.R. & Quinch & Pulger encounter the snufflegruff and an old acquaintance, Snork gets a few surprises, Alpha gives Steelkreeg a bell and Jimmy Jiss Cohen makes his mark in history.

TordelBack

Somehow I've never noticed that 'Sky Chariots' uses the same commodified-undead idea that we see developed in mid-period Defoe. I'm also surprised to learn that the Infinity Inc two-parter is Jack Adrian - in the back of my head I had it down as Moore!

What a prog though, a full-on 5/5'er!