Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

My main problem with Barton was always that he's a rugby man, and I'm much more of a cricket man myself.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: WhizzBang on 27 July, 2020, 02:55:38 PM
Thanks Conrad! In fact, a special thanks for having the energy to put this out on the various platforms following the 24 hour Starlord event. I was only able to tune in for 2 hours as I was at a family event/barbecue thing and had to be social but it was fun as always.

This was the episode I have been looking forward too for a long time and I think Dredd has a good chance of being top thrill for the majority of the coming weeks. It wasn't a disappointment and I think the Block Mania comparison (as a lead in to something much bigger) is a good one.

This is my first time with Bix Barton and I am enjoying it, but can see how it may not travel so well to those not exposed to the ridiculous early 20th century Wodehousian slang. I always enjoy this kind of language but it is always used ironically so I don't know if people ever really spoke like that. It is probably an exageration.

I'm a big Wodehouse fan myself, grew up watching the Fry/Laurie adaptions on TV (Everyone in the US sees Hugh Laurie as Dr. House, but he'll always be Bertie Wooster to me!). I swear I've talked about rich brits and used the "Basington-Basington" surname! I that "cheerio pip pip" style upper class twit style of speaking, but sadly it's easier for me to speak in a (terrible) more working class patois :D

Quote from: AlexF on 27 July, 2020, 05:01:38 PM
My main problem with Barton was always that he's a rugby man, and I'm much more of a cricket man myself.
Come on old bean, a spot of the rugger then we pop over to the Drones for a libation or four? Toodle-pip! I just hope my old aunt doesn't have another fiance lined up!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 27 July, 2020, 11:37:18 PM
I that "cheerio pip pip" style upper class twit style of speaking, but sadly it's easier for me to speak in a (terrible) more working class patois :D

Specifically a 1970s ten-year old working class child who wants me comics!

Leigh S

Catching up on the bits of the starlordathon I slept through - that 1980 Annual is rough! Glad you didnt end on it...

Is this the place to put out Starlord Spinnie nominations?  Badgies?

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and fifteenth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 660-663 of 2000AD, covering February 1990. This episode we reach THE PROG OF THE BEAST! We're also directing traffic a bit, as Sláine and Chopper end, Rogue Trooper, Zippy Couriers and Zenith return, Beyond Zero does both, and Bix Barton and Judge Kraken's evaluation continue!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Quote from: Leigh S on 01 August, 2020, 04:32:42 PM
Catching up on the bits of the starlordathon I slept through - that 1980 Annual is rough! Glad you didnt end on it...

Is this the place to put out Starlord Spinnie nominations?  Badgies?

Just so everyone knows, the Starlordathon will start coming out on the podcast feed on Wednesdays, and will eventually culminate in a Starlord Spinnies, so start thinking about your picks:

• Best Art
  • Best Writing
  • Best Overall Blueprint
  • Best Issue
  • Starlord MVP
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Lobo Baggins

Thomas the Tank Engine is definitely real - he lives in a train yard next door-but-one to my sister's flat.

He often ventures out in the dead of night on the back of a flatbed truck, peering out from beneath a tarpaulin.

The reasons are obscure.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Dandontdare

My 2 year old great-nephew was open-mouthed dumbstruck when he saw the full size Thomas - He just stared for a bit and then turned to his mum and said "Thomas is REAL!!!"

Leigh S

I think it was a shame when they stopped using living peoples faces and politicised the whole thing - what was wrong with the common vote for whose face got used?

sheridan

Quote from: Leigh S on 04 August, 2020, 05:06:23 PM
I think it was a shame when they stopped using living peoples faces and politicised the whole thing - what was wrong with the common vote for whose face got used?

It was when the Minster of Transport had their face compared to the back of a train that was the last straw...

SpaceSpinner2000

So much train based gaslighting, and when I have so many podcasts for you!

In case you missed it! Here's the first part of the Starlordathon! The first four hours and the first four issues of UK classic comic Starlord. If you want to check out visuals for the stream, head over to our YouTube Channel, where individual episodes will be uploaded shortly.

[url=https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/space-spinner-2000/id1162479912?mt=2]iTunes

Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 05 August, 2020, 04:34:28 AM
So much train based gaslighting, and when I have so many podcasts for you!

And in more recent times the face moved to aircraft...

The Monarch

Just remember everyone

Thomas is everywhere!!!