Main Menu

Sun Editor arrested

Started by Steve Green, 03 November, 2005, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

From the mediaguardian site.

"Rebekah Wade, editor of the Sun, has been arrested for an alleged assault on her husband, the EastEnders actor Ross Kemp.

Ms Wade remains in custody at a police station in south London following a dispute at the couple's home in Battersea in the early hours of the morning."

Can't help thinking of his appearance in "Extras"

- Steve

The Amstor Computer

I look forward to the Sun's sensitive campaign against domestic abuse...

Quirkafleeg

What's the betting that every tabloid leads with tomorrow with lots of gloating (well every tabloid except the Sun of course)

Quirkafleeg

From the beebs site...

"Scotland Yard said Mr Kemp, 41, sustained a "thick lip" but declined medical aid."

Mudcrab

Hmm, smells like a big pile of hype to me. Funny that I didn't have a clue Grant and Phil were back until I read the news.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Quirkafleeg

Yeah I can just see that... "Punch us in the gob love, it'll do wonders for my publicity..."

And I take it you never watch BBC as it was trailered for continually for ages before it was on

Is it a full moon or something? What with Jamie Oliver sporting a massive shiner that he got 'falling out of bed'... yeah, right.

Mudcrab

Yeah I can just see that... "Punch us in the gob love, it'll do wonders for my publicity..."

It was 4 in the morning, it's entirely possible :o)

And I take it you never watch BBC as it was trailered for continually for ages before it was on

He he, obviously I don't, haven't seen that. I don't think there's anything I watch on BBC at the moment. Not since Dr Who.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Roger Godpleton

The publicity explanation seems plausible. I read somewhere that Murdoch personally gave Wade a bashing after Littlejohn buggered off (heh, "Littlejohn" & "buggered" in the same sentence, he'd like that).

I always thought this marriage was too good to be true (in a comedy sense). A one-dimensional "Hard-Man" actor marrying the editor of the Sun...
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Matt Timson

"He he, obviously I don't, haven't seen that. I don't think there's anything I watch on BBC at the moment. Not since Dr Who."

Me neither- how pleased am I that the licence fee will be going up to fund the move to digital (or whatever reason was given- I still don't watch it)?

;)
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Hmmm... tell a lie- I watch 'Waking the Dead'.  Well worth over ten quid a month...
Pffft...

Adrian Bamforth

...yet Bushell remains unscathed.

ADE

Quirkafleeg

some prime gossip about this in popbitch...

DavidXBrunt

And in a twist that takes this story into the bizarre Steve McFadden has also been assaulted today by his partner, or an ex partner at least.

Max Clifford on the 6 o'clock news "If she hit him then he probably deserved it"

petemaskreplica

"some prime gossip about this in popbitch.."

ooh yeah... unfortunately it's entirely unrepeatable here due to its potentially libellous nature. But I bet it's true ;)