Main Menu

Doctor Who on Children in need.

Started by Lord Running Clam, 18 November, 2005, 01:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Running Clam

Just thought I'd mention that tomorrow(18/11/05) on Children in Need,in case anybody forgot or didn't know,theres going to be a special Doctor Who scene.It looks to be on between 9 & 9.30pm,BBC1.

The Amstor Computer

Well, that was brief but interesting. A nice OTT post-regeneration Doctor, much in the vein of Tom Baker or Patrick Troughton, and a little bit of a hint as to the way Rose is going to deal with the new Doctor.

David Tennant was pretty solid, if a little bit close to an impersonation of Eccleston's Doctor - perhaps deliberately?

Nice wee taste to tide us over until The Christmas Invasion...

Steve Green

I just wish they'd ease up on the music in the new DW, it seems to be permanently turned up to 11.

- Steve

The Amstor Computer

Mm - it is still a problem, isn't it? Can anyone who owns the DVDs (I'm waiting on the box set) comment on whether this is just a transmission issue, or whether it's just LOUD MUSIC?

Conexus

I honestly don't have a problem with the music

The clips looks like it was just taken from the beginning of the first wep of the new series- so it's really more of preview (they may have said all that just beforehand, i had it on mute 'till the last possible moment

Conexus

Art

Generally Contrary

The Amstor Computer

Well, it wasn't Genesis of the Daleks, no, but it was an entertaining enough little bridge between the last series and the next.

Eric Plumrose

'Well, it wasn't Genesis of the Daleks . . .'

And all the better for it.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Quirkafleeg

Well it left me hungry for more... which is it all it could ask

Artificial Idiot

I thought it was a great little taster, although would have prefered to have just seen it with the rest of the episode really.

Tu-plang

I don't think it was ever intended to be the beginning of the Christmas episode - its a pretty nonessential little bonus written especially for Children In Need.  I thought it was great, and a nice way of breaking up the wait til Christmas.  Tennant is going to be f*cking magnificent.

ARRISARRIS

...Uncle Umpty is very quiet, did he actually watch it?...

Rex Banner

I thought the cloister bell was a nice touch.

Didn't like the idea of Tennant at first but after yesterday am quite impressed.