Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Quote from: Richard on 27 February, 2017, 10:26:55 PM
It beggars belief that out of all the fantastic stories to have appeared in the prog over four decades, three people have gone and suggested Ant Wars as a candidate for inclusion, a dated, cliched, unimaginative strip which made it into an official list of the worst stories to have appeared in the comic (in a Sci-Fi Special I think).

*shakes head in despair, growls under breath, self-harms*

I remember Ant Wars scaring the shit out of me the last time I read it-that was back in 1978 though!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Buttonman

This announcement could lead to divorces! Was Ant Wars a 2000ad premiere? It always seemed bought in to me - still my first experience of it was as a reprint in the '82 Eagle.

Buttonman

I hope Paisley, the home of thrill-power is a test area again. I didn't bulk buy to boost the project but America at 99p? Who's not going to buy a pile to spread the word?  I appreciate Hachette want to do their market tests but one look in the door at the 40th party would have assured them of their committed market.

maryanddavid

This would interest me far more than the Dredd collections. I have most of the Dredd tales in various formats Titan, Eagle, Best of, Complete, and Casefiles, I couldn't justify shelling out for another copy of a Dredd story I wont read.

However, a collection in Hardback, fortnightly, with Bad Company, Kingdom, Red Seas, Halo Jones, Absolam(SP?)  Ace, and yes Ant Wars, and even my guilty secret Colony Earth, I'd get this.
Ooo, How about tenuous 2000 AD material like The Angry Planet (its sequal, 'Mars Force' was earmarked for 2000AD) and Mind Wars?

JaHawkDroid

Fantastic news. The Mega Colelction is what brought me into the world of 2000AD, so an expansion upon it will be very much welcome.

Perhaps I should stop buying old trades for a while.

rogue69

I tried the link a couple times, but kept getting something called "bopgun support" asking for my name email address & company name so did not go any further. Is there a problem with the Hachette site?

Smith

That sounds interesting.
And I would love me some Red Seas.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: rogue69 on 28 February, 2017, 12:45:53 AM
I tried the link a couple times, but kept getting something called "bopgun support" asking for my name email address & company name so did not go any further. Is there a problem with the Hachette site?

Same here.
Would love to see this in the shops.
I'm a complete sucker for these partworks. I'm collecting Dredd, DC, Marvel, Star Trek and the Doctor Who one but I can always find a few pennies for a 2000 AD one.

JaHawkDroid

Not sure if you can answer this Molch-R (probably not) but is this to be seen as a replacement to the Mega Collection as that winds down in the next year, or is this to run concurrently with the Mega Collection like Marvel Ultimate & Marvel's Mightiest do?

And do we know which regions this is testing in? Out of curiosity rather than any ability to travel  :lol:

Steve Green

They were pretty cagey about locations for the MC tests.

Hachette want to get an accurate reading of sales - I'm sceptical that in the age of social media that's ever going to happen, but that's what they're aiming for.

Pyroxian

Site's working for me. Looks like a great collection :)

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Pyroxian on 28 February, 2017, 10:29:56 AM
Site's working for me. Looks like a great collection :)

It is for me too now.

Looks awesome!

sheridan

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 27 February, 2017, 10:41:36 PM
I actually didn't notice that Steve had mentioned Ant Wars in the post before mine. Just shows you the demand is out there and that Rebellion have been going down the wrong route with the whole Judge Dredd thing.

There's only one thing for it - the Hachette Ant Wars collection (not sure that Ant Wars and Zancudo would stretch to 60/80 issues though, you'd have to publish one page per issue, with the rest taken up with behind-the-scenes material).

sheridan

Quote from: maryanddavid on 27 February, 2017, 11:41:31 PM
However, a collection in Hardback, fortnightly, with Bad Company, Kingdom, Red Seas, Halo Jones, Absolam(SP?)  Ace, and yes Ant Wars, and even my guilty secret Colony Earth, I'd get this.

Ooo, How about tenuous 2000 AD material like The Angry Planet (its sequal, 'Mars Force' was earmarked for 2000AD) and Mind Wars?

Absalom.  Didn't Colony Earth get republished relatively recently?  I'd back calls for Mind Wars to be republished as it's probably my favourite story by Redondo (though Nemesis Book II is also a fave) - and was happy to meet Jesus Redondo earlier this month and see how proud he was of that work.

Magnetica

Quote from: sheridan on 28 February, 2017, 11:05:11 AM
  Didn't Colony Earth get republished relatively recently?

Yes it is in the Sci-Fi Thrillers volume.

I read it for the first time recently and it has to be in my bottom three ever 2000AD thrills.

It makes Death Planet look like Shakespeare.